Radio wires

wilso45

Hi i have recently joined this forum in hope that i can find the answer to my problem.

I own a seat ibiza 2002 model, 1.2 S, and am troubled with which wires are which for my radio. I would like to know which wires go to which speakers in my car, so that i can fit some 6x9's.

I have found some very helpful diagrams, however later realised they were for the older model.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Craig

chris@lworth

if you take the head unit out the wires are labled

Yup, thats right. Also if you are wiring in 6x9s to replace the current rear speakers you will need to disconnect them. Therefore when you disconnect / remove them you will pick up the wiring from there. Otherwise if you are installing an Amp to power them it is different. Please do make sure you disconnect some speakers if you are wiring them into the normal wiring harness as the CD player will only be able to power 4 speakers (2 front & 2 rear). It is actually really easy once you have done one - although I have done 100's now so maybe I just think that.!

How are you thinking of wiring them in?!

wilso45

Thanks for the responses.

I have taken out the head unit previously and there are no labels or any indication of which wires go to which speaker. I am planning on disconnecting the front speakers, as they are a little distorted, and using the wires from there to connect to the 6x9's. I am not using an amp as i dont think there is any need for one as the 6x9's are only 250watts....or am i wrong?

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
Yeah and the headunit is about 15 watts each speaker.

People never understand this :S. You can buy a headunit that says '50w x 4' on the box. Yet that's a peak value (which means jack **** tbh) and the RMS value (which is what you should look at) is about 15-18 watts x 4.

So running 6x9's which are usually about 100 - 250 watt RMS value, doesn't seem right does it? You will need an amp mate and I can't see what the obsession with 6x9 speakers is :?. The sound quality is **** compared to a good pair of 6.5" components.

Save your money and put in some proper components mate.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise