RaggedLob's MK4 Beeza 1.2- work in progress

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
yep, above is right, although mine came to about £37

i think mine are the grilles from the facelift cupra, rather than the pre facelift FR, which is why they didn't fit

theres a part number thread in the FAQ section, that's where i got them from :)

Last edited:

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
Job this weekend: get rear wheel off, and take the brake drum apart.. :no:

Seems there is a hideous squeak/grind every time i brake heavily, maybe there is a build up of dust, or the shoes are worn ( I seriously doubt my local garage checks them)

Also need to get the severe jolting/hesitation in 1st,2nd looked at, it is difficult to drive smoothly in car parks, people must think i'm driving in stillettos! ;)

A number of people have suggested it is an engine/gearbox mount causing the grief, anyone had this problem?

rocky2008

Buy Cheap Buy Twice!
Nov 16, 2008
North-east
You can get them from the dealers.
Im not sure how much they are seperate but the whole set which includes:

Top left
Top Right
Bottom Centre
Bottom Left Fog Surround
Bottom Right Fog Surround

Should come to about £50

do the fog surrounds deffinately fit? it was mentioned above that they dont fit or something lol?

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
looking good mine started out the same really, not a fan at all of ur gear knob tho, far to OTT imo

Yeah, may get rid of the momo at some point, just picked it up quick from a guy at work :)

I am tempted to go further like you have, thinking about tints and head unit for xmas, then more i think

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
Have been browsing over some other Uno Dos (1.2) threads and noticed a significant amount of large engined owners giving them grief for considering small mod's, so I just thought i'd voice my opinion...

Firstly, I consider the MK4 to be amongst the prettiest hatches of the 02> era, and so do many others on here, so most of the mod's tend to focus on improving looks, as it is the reason this car is generally bought. So it matters not what the car is worth, it matters more what it appears to be worth, if you understand :)

Secondly, people who focus on Air Filter and Exhaust mod's on 1.2's know exactly what they are doing, as if any performance gain was possible, it would be from these areas. for sure, 10bhp may sound pathetic, but think of it this way: If a 65bhp car can gain 10, then it is (in theory) the equivalent of a 650bhp car gaining 100! this sounds pretty good to me. in the case of small engines, any extra horses add to it, and most of these mods focus around improving the fantastic engine note the little 3-cylinder motor gives :D

So comments like "not worth it mate on a 1.2" are NOT necessary, as we are all sensible enough to know you can't do much with a 1.2, and the majority of us (me included) own one because of insurance purposes.

Bit of a rant, but there :p

JohnBoy_MK4

Agree! i'm sure i'll do it eventually, it looks like a Polo Dune or something, espesh from the back... i'm thinking 25MM at front, 35MM at back, anyone done this?
i picked up a second hand lowering kit for Around £31 on ebay, and mine dropped about 50ml. which to me is just right fitment with having 17's. Car looks Good BTW Fella 1.2 all the way :D

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
i picked up a second hand lowering kit for Around £31 on ebay, and mine dropped about 50ml. which to me is just right fitment with having 17's. Car looks Good BTW Fella 1.2 all the way :D

Cheers :)

I'm gonna hold back on the lowering for a while, will space the rear wheels first, then decide if i want to :rolleyes:

Anyway, my own christmas present was getting rid of the cheap rear speakers and fitting an ipod connectable headunit. Picked up this Sony aux in unit, some FLI 17cm coaxials, and a decent role of Antivibe (basically Dynamat) for less than £100 with Halfords staff discount..

P161209_1901.jpg

Will update over christmas as i fit them, and if the (actually decent) front speakers give up from the better headunit, then i'll replace them too ;)

Last edited:

BeezaDave

LimerickHurlingSupporter
Jul 29, 2009
Limerick/Dublin Ireland
Have been browsing over some other Uno Dos (1.2) threads and noticed a significant amount of large engined owners giving them grief for considering small mod's, so I just thought i'd voice my opinion...

Firstly, I consider the MK4 to be amongst the prettiest hatches of the 02> era, and so do many others on here, so most of the mod's tend to focus on improving looks, as it is the reason this car is generally bought. So it matters not what the car is worth, it matters more what it appears to be worth, if you understand :)

Secondly, people who focus on Air Filter and Exhaust mod's on 1.2's know exactly what they are doing, as if any performance gain was possible, it would be from these areas. for sure, 10bhp may sound pathetic, but think of it this way: If a 65bhp car can gain 10, then it is (in theory) the equivalent of a 650bhp car gaining 100! this sounds pretty good to me. in the case of small engines, any extra horses add to it, and most of these mods focus around improving the fantastic engine note the little 3-cylinder motor gives :D

So comments like "not worth it mate on a 1.2" are NOT necessary, as we are all sensible enough to know you can't do much with a 1.2, and the majority of us (me included) own one because of insurance purposes.

go on!!! you tell em you :censored: legend!!!!:worship:

one day the 1.2s will unite and take over the world!!!:lol:

btw great work on the car!! i think the grill kit really smartens the front end up really well. thats why im getting one soon. doesnt seem to be popular on here at all.:(

Feb 28, 2008
Scotland
but lets be honest, we love our 1.2s yes. but only because we have to, any other option for the mk4 we would have a bigger engine hands down.....i have been driving mine over 2 years and being very honest i would have another mk4 a they are great cars, but it will be a bigger engine....bottom line, all us 1.2 owners just have to love them because they are our cars being a 1.2 or not.

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
but lets be honest, we love our 1.2s yes. but only because we have to, any other option for the mk4 we would have a bigger engine hands down.....i have been driving mine over 2 years and being very honest i would have another mk4 a they are great cars, but it will be a bigger engine....bottom line, all us 1.2 owners just have to love them because they are our cars being a 1.2 or not.

i'm with you there mate, i completely agree. i love my mk4 because its just gorgeous, even nearly 2 years on. it'll have to be another mk4 for me, 1.8/1.9 diesel for me :) or possibly a leon mk2 as they're quite sexy. i really want a candy white one but i know they'll be rare

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009

spot on mate. are your replacement rear speakers any heavier? and have you noticed reduced acceleration speed with your larger alloys? cheers mate keep up the good work! 1.2's rule :)

Chocozai

The Neuroscientist

That's the spirit! Common sense smells good on Christmas day. Love the car.

I want some 16s too but can't find any at all :( especially that will post to me.

Same here. :S

andy17

PD100
May 20, 2009
Southport
Just browsing round the forum and landed here. How easy is it to take the rear mudflaps off, noticed you did this early on.

Cheers:)

hypopsycho

D'ya wanna go faster?
Jan 12, 2010
York
cracking job so far mate! Take it your staff at Halfords then:D

I think the car lends itself to red, I know many here prefer black magic, but I'm a red man through and through, this is my 4th red car in a row.... or I'm predictable!lol

Keep it up matey!

RaggedLob

The worst is yet to come
Mar 29, 2009
Thatcham, Berkshire
spot on mate. are your replacement rear speakers any heavier? and have you noticed reduced acceleration speed with your larger alloys? cheers mate keep up the good work! 1.2's rule :)

Cheers :) Nah, my new speakers are exactly the same size, so apart from the larger magnet there's not much weight in it...

And the tyres have a lower profile than my old ones, so the driven diameter is exactly the same, no difference for any alloys (below 18's) if the tyre size is adjusted accordingly (as long as they're not made out of lead or something) :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise