1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Rain/Light Sensor Coding Mk3 FR

Discussion in 'Mk3 Leon Guides (5F) 2012-2020' started by worleyg, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Andy1977

Andy1977 Active Member

It's a good question but to be honest I never know when auto lights turn on as I see no noticeable difference in dashboard illumination???

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. MadeInYorkshire

MadeInYorkshire Active Member

That's odd. With my Leon as soon as it starts getting a little dark the dash illumination fades out making the dials difficult to see. Apparently its is VAG's way of telling the driver to put his lights on. Personally I'd prefer that dash illumination to be at a constant brightness all the time.

3. Andy1977

Andy1977 Active Member

Interesting, I wonder if the person who owned the car before me changed a setting I haven't found.

4. MadeInYorkshire

MadeInYorkshire Active Member

5. Andy1977

Andy1977 Active Member

I think i'd rather take a punt on the one that matches most of the code but has BD at the end as this one seems to have a different code.

6. manorgate

manorgate Active Member

Hi long time lurker and multiple SEAT owner over the years. Been reading this thread with interest over the last few weeks since looking and now buying a March 2017 (MY17) Leon FR TDI with Tech Pack in the last few weeks. Tried all options listed here to no joy.....anyway after a bit of advanced "google help" I've stumbled across a thread on clubseatleon.net which someone has found a solution for! It seems long coding doesn't work on the facelift models and everything is done through the adaptions tabs. I've tried this tonight with my own car using OBDeleven PRO and hey presto it seems to work!

The part numbers I've used are as follows:

Rain/Light Sensor: 5Q0955547A

Link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Passat-Polo-Tiguan-Touran-Sharan-Seat-Leon-Skoda-Regensensor-5Q0955547A/112949661345?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Auto Light Switch (found a genuine SEAT one on ebay Germany): 5G0941431AF

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seat-Leon-5F-Lichtschalter-Automatisch-Chrom-5G0941431AF-Neuwertig/222910296838?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649.

i've copied the link to the clubseatleon thread page and also the "google translated" instructions below (obviously anything you do is at your own risk even although it worked for me).

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=https://www.clubseatleon.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=108398&sid=aa3bd675bdc3ad0b3cd716f7cc35a84e&start=900&xid=25657,15700022,15700124,15700149,15700168,15700186,15700189,15700201

"dariote93 wrote:Hello everyone. Finally researching I got it to work!

Those of us who did not manage to make the switch work and we had an MY17 of the latter are different from what is indicated in the tutorials.

In my case and that of @ sic58 , the car is a MY17 everything is made from adaptations, nose does nothing for long coding (from factory it comes all to 000000000000000000000).

Install the sensor and switch as before and make these modifications (I have made them with OBDeleven)

Electronic Switchboard 09 -Adaptation-Aussenlicht_uebergreifend:

Here is activated in Switch

LDS_mit_AFL: yes

This for the Coming / leaving

Coming Home Verbaustatus:
    automatic
    Menuesteuerung Coming Home Werkseinstellung:
    activated
    Coming home Leuchten:
    Beam
    Menueeinstellung Cominghome:
    30 seconds
    Coming-home Einschaltereignis:
    door driver
    Helligkeitsschwelle Infrarot-Messung:
    18 lx
    Leaving-Home Verbausstatus:
    unlocked
    Menuesteuerung Leaving-home Freischaltung per BAP:
    activated

Electronic control unit 09 - adaptation - Assistance light functions

Leave the options as follows:

Regen_Lichtsensor:
    LIN_Regen_Licht_Sensor This activates the rain / light sensor
    Feuchtesensor:
    mounted
    Assistenzfahrlicht bei Regen:
    activated
    Sonnensensor:
    Unmounted
    LS_Error_Ausgabe:
    activated
    Maskierung_Regenfunktion:
    inactive
    Lichtsensorempfindlichkeit:
    normal

Module 5F - Adaptation- Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2:

Leave as follows:

menu_display_wiper:
    Ativado
    menu_display_wiper_clamp_15_off:
    not activated
    menu_display_wiper_over_threshold_high:
    Ativado
    menu_display_wiper_standstill:
    not activated
    menu_display_wiper_after_disclaimer:
    not activated

Module 5F - Adaptation-: Car_Function_List_BAP_Gen2:

wiper_comfort_0x0C: Very important for the menu options to work
    Ativado"

Hopefully this helps those with the facelift models! I'll try and post this on the relevant Leon section on the OBDEleven forums as well!

Enjoy

7. vikram soni

vikram soni Active Member

for guys with 2017 facelift Leon, here is the VCDS steps to code sensor for Light/Rain.

step 1 : activate automatic light switch.

Central Electronics > 10. Security , enter code 31347, Do it!
    Go to Adaptation menu now, and from the dropdown select:
    ENG141656-ENG141992-Au├čenlicht_uebergreifend-LDS_mit_AFL, set it to Yes.

step1.PNG

Step 2: Set the Rain-light sensor installed option so that system detects the light sensor

Central Electronics > 10. Security , enter code 31347, Do it!
    Go to Adaptation menu now, and from the dropdown select:
    IDE8786-ENG141985-Assistance light functions-Regen_lichtsensor: LIN_REGEN_LICHT_SENSOR

After doing this step, the rain/light sensor will be visible in the Central electronics > coding dropdown.

step2.PNG

Step 3: Code the Sensor and enable automatic light, rain light etc..

Go to Central Electronics > Coding..
    Select the RLHS from dropdown, and click on long coding helper.
    You should see the option to enable automatic headlights, automatic light in rain.. do as you require and the automatic lights should be working.. I used 06558D

Now you can also enable Coming Home / Leaving home functions.. The steps are already mentioned in this thread.. so I guess no need to repeat that. its the same.

step3.PNG

#168 vikram soni, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  8. yxcvbnm

yxcvbnm Active Member

Any other member tested this method for RLHS sensor on facelift cars?

9. vikram soni

Notice the light switch, when the lights are off, you only see the 'auto' letter illuminated. when the light turns on, all the other icons are illuminated in the light switch.

10. Andy1977

Andy1977 Active Member

All my lights switch icons are illuminated all of the time.

I have since found out why. I have applied some code via Obdeleven that makes my rear lights illuminate with the front DRL's some call it "Scandinavian DRL's".

When I turned it off the light switch icons behaved as you described.

vikram soni likes this.
  11. olie93

olie93 Active Member

I've tried setting this up and seem to have got the Auto wipers and auto lights to work, but coming and leaving home doesn't work.

I have been through both you thread and also the one above from manorgate, but still no luck.

Interestingly when i goto coding under central electronics i don't see the sensor as a option.

My car is MY18

Oliver

12. vikram soni

If the auto wiper and lights are working, it confirms that the sensor is installed correctly. I also struggled with this and after a lot of tweaking around, I found that after doing this step:
    IDE8786-ENG141985-Assistance light functions-Regen_lichtsensor: LIN_REGEN_LICHT_SENSOR
    the sensor appeared in the central electronics.

I have screenshots of each step I performed on my other computer, will post shortly. I also have screenshots for coming and leaving home. I remember, coming home was straightforward, however leaving home needed some trickery.

13. olie93

olie93 Active Member

I have the Assistance light functions-Regen_lichtsensor set like you said but still don't see the sensor under coding.

After further testing coming home seems to work, but leaving home doesn't.

Thanks

14. vikram soni

Do you see the Leaving home option in the menu? I remember I had this option but clicking on that used to give me error "this function is not available". I tried to make it work with as little changes possible in adaptation, because models after MY17 comes preconfigured with interior lights illuminating when unlocking, I wanted to keep it as it is.
    I just had to change LS_Error_Ausgabe to active and then I did the restore factory defaults from the System menu. and leaving home worked after that.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Vp-O2ctSQJIMK391e9enD1zyjuIZE3W_?usp=sharing
    The above drive link contains the screenshots of all steps I performed. there is a file "01 - list of mods.png" which shows the order of steps.

hope this helps.

#175 vikram soni, Jul 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  15. rcopus

rcopus Active Member

Hi All,

My 2018 FR doesn't have the convenience pack, but it does have a humidity sensor as you'd expect.
    The weird thing is that from the windscreen I can see clear parts/diodes just like the rain and light sensors have. Whereas normally if its just a humidity sensor its totally black.

The part number is 81A 907 658 - has anyone come across this before?

It shows in OBDeleven as G397_FSS - I'm guessing the FSS and not RHLS/RLS etc implies its a 'Feuchtesensor' only but it does confuse me why it has the other clear diodes on the windscreen side if its only humidity.

A google of the part doesn't throw up anything other than a couple of Greek breakers selling the sensor.

I have coded the car with OBDeleven and the auto wipers (light switch hasn't arrived yet) still seem to act intermittently so it doesn't work.
    What I haven't done is long coding of the sensor itself because I wouldn't know where to start and could be flogging a dead horse!

16. olie93

olie93 Active Member

I noticed that the part number now was 81A907658.

We also have a Facelight 2017 Leon with the Convenience Pack and VCDS shows the sensor installed as being 5Q0955547B

17. rcopus

rcopus Active Member

Thanks @olie93 - If I'm understanding correctly are you saying that your sensor has the part number 81A907658 but that it shows in VCDS as 5Q0955547B?

If I've got that right, would you be so kind as to tell me long coding value of your sensor?
    Maybe I could then use that on my sensor and it will report as a 5Q0955547B too.

18. olie93

olie93 Active Member

No, sorry my MY18 leon without convenience pack has the sensor 81A907658, but the MY17 leon with the convenience pack has the sensor 5Q0955547B.

This is interesting as others on this thread suggested that 5Q0955547A was required.

19. vikram soni

5Q0955547B is the replacement of 5Q0955547A. They are the same. Screenshot_2018-08-01-16-13-40.jpeg

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

iby104 and Deleted member 103408 like this.