Random Engine Stalling

mikeydee

Mike
Mar 3, 2005
Doncaster
Pabs said:
my LC does similar, although not to your extremes. it doesnt stall, but sounds like it will but it then recovers itself. It has done this since i got it last year - the only thing that helps is the cleaning of the TB and the TBA. Sorted it for a while, now its back again.
its always just after a journey, when i pull up at lights or junction or home, it idles for a few seconds, revs drop then it recovers. Does it once or twice but then idles fine while i let her cool down before switching off.

similar problem with my 1.4 beeza :shrug: :confused:

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of this issue, I've been suffering from it mildly over the last year and it seems to have come back with avengence. This time worst than ever, most junctions and clutch dips cause it to stall.

My engine stalling problems were caused by the crappy Mk4 Golf Samco TIP. The DV take-off was too close to the MAF so when air was being dumped back into the TIP it was being forced back through the MAF and causing it to stall. Fitting the Forge TIP fixed it as had the connections in the right places.

Craig!

IHI Ibiza Cupra
Jan 6, 2005
Guisborough
www.vagcars.co.uk
Thought it might be that, however the company who have just done some work for me used my Samco TIP against my will again when fitting new bits to the car, I had supplied them with the standard one to modify.

May see if moving the MAF further away will help.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Craig, i just moved my MAF. Sorted my problems....

Mine was originally TIP - MAF - Elbow - Filter, now its.... TIP - Elbow - MAF - Filter

smiler220

rollin at 220 want more!
Oct 16, 2006
Bournemouth
engine stalling

hi guys
had the same problem with my mk3 cupra about a year ago
replaced the voltage supply relay no109 and have had no problems since
if all else fails try this!:)

Tucker157

Nov 20, 2010
Falkirk/Central Scotland
been doing a search and found this thread, its happened twice now, letting the car idle when i get home at night, (its still cold) and it just stops running, no cough or splutter or uneven idle, its running normal one second, and off the next. and it doesnt always start straight away again either.... any ideas?

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.