Range and MPG

scrich7

Oct 6, 2013
Bedford
No help if you're after diesel figures, but it cost me around £65 to fill up with super unleaded.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

grant5745

Jan 1, 2013
Glasgow
Just completed a round trip journey Glasgow / Cambridge in my 1.2TSI. Sat on the motorway at the legal limit with the cruise control on....long term consumption on the trip computer sat at 50.4mpg when I got back to Glasgow. Well pleased with that.

GTunney

May 28, 2013
Newcastle Upon Tyne UK
Well have just done my first full tank and I'm very happy with how good the Leon has done.

Mixed 50/50 driving motorway and streets. Most motorway driving was at 75 with cruise control on.

2.0 TDI 150PS

6ujuby7y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

roger7248

Sep 28, 2013
Bicester, Oxon
sounds good mate just out of interest how much on average does it cost to fill up ?

Can't say. Firstly only one fill up for this car (done over 800 miles now) other than the very first off the dealers forecourt. But generally I don't wait until tank is empty but fill when I'm passing a "good value" petrol station.

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
So I've got a few 'spirited' drives to work under my belt and I tried an economical run this morning. 95% motorway with a good 10 miles of 50 limit, didnt go above 70, bit of stop-start around Heathrow and flawed it a few times in each mode to compare the throttle response in each mode:

ase6ypa6.jpg

Very happy :)

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Awesome figures Dean!! I noticed if you watch the current mpg figure once you get the engine warmed up and consistently at 50-60mph it can get between 70 and 80mpg easily! My problem is that it's a 16 mile non motorway trip to work and the cold kills the mpg :( Still getting around 55mpg though which I cant turn my nose up at! Car's done 1500 miles now so things should only getter better!

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Im only at 500 odd miles so hopefully I have more to come. One thing I have noticed is the drop netween 60, 70 and 80 is huge! I did the same just sat with cruise control on at different speeds and it's like 30mpg for the sake of 500rpm! My 320d dropped about 5mpg

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
Impressive stuff for only 500 miles on the clock! Yeh there does seem to be a massive difference, in my fiesta I could only go 60mph because the difference if I sat at 70-75mph was huge! Still at 80mph on the motorway in my Leon I'm getting about 60mpg. So I suppose actually if I sat around 60mph then I might be looking at the kind of figures your getting :) It's just so quiet and refined that it's so easy to sit well past the speed limit lol

Also....filled up yesterday and tried V power diesel for the first time so will be interesting to see how it runs with that :)

Last edited:

madduffyx

Dec 21, 2009
I'll keep you posted :) I've always just been a standard shell man but after reading and speaking to a few people I thought, for the extra £4-5 I might as well give it a try and see how it goes!

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
I'll keep you posted :) I've always just been a standard shell man but after reading and speaking to a few people I thought, for the extra £4-5 I might as well give it a try and see how it goes!

You'll probably need to do a few tanks to allow for the ECU to adjust before you notice any difference (if any).

Also, I think it's usually said that for every 10mph over 60, expect a 10% drop in mpg, roughly.

Suicida1 Zombie

Mar 19, 2013
Just updated my fuely.

Dean, I am now even more jealous of you 184 Diesel owners, I wish I had waited! The lower realistic MPG that I expected over the 150 is clearly not a thing. Oh well, still have the ease of auto........ (I'll keep telling myself that.)

fatal3rror

Jul 16, 2013
Leon SC 184 TDI, just did the first fuel up, got a 55 mpg on mostly motorway driving. Quite pleased with that as my old A1 1.6 TDI used to give me similar!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise