Range Computer taking the ....!

Orion1969

Massey Ferguson ftw
Feb 20, 2009
South Derbyshire
Been running my TDi Fr130 for a couple of months now and for the most part its been an enjoyable experience. One thing that bugs me is how the OBC works things out on short journeys...

Went to work this morning 4mile trip & the range said 250miles, got in my car to come back and it was telling me 235miles...by the time i got home it said 225miles :whistle:

Seriously so 2x4mile trips on a cold engine with one trip with lights and stereo on takes up an extra 17miles of fuel does it?

Either short trips really do suck extra juice to a stupid degree or the obc just cant cope with simple equations :D

P.S. i know the car is doing what it should do mpg wise over a decent run because on other fill ups ive compared trip 2 & used Fuel-Economy.co.uk and they were within 1-2mpg of each other.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
the number is comes from the average MPG x the fuel you have left. to give a rough answer.

my car when i fill it up says 320 miles till empty but i can get 500 miles to a take once the aveage MPG starts to creep up.

to be honest i wouldnt both using it unless your on long trips mine has confusion when i do my 2 mile trip to work every day. lol

Lee

TazB

Xbox Gamer Tag = TazCupra
Mar 23, 2007
Glasgow
the number is comes from the average MPG x the fuel you have left. to give a rough answer.

my car when i fill it up says 320 miles till empty but i can get 500 miles to a take once the aveage MPG starts to creep up.

to be honest i wouldnt both using it unless your on long trips mine has confusion when i do my 2 mile trip to work every day. lol

Lee

i 2nd that.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
when i fill up it comes up 330 miles till empty, never tried driving when it says 0 miles to see how much more i can get out the tank...i should be able to get around 400 miles out of a tank...dont seem to ever get that on the cupra tdi. what do you guys get out a full tank driving normally?

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
it totally depends on recent driving style, I was giving it death last monday, I filled up monday night and it said I had 305 miles left, I then did a 60 mile motorway trip trying to get the best mpg possible, when i arrived at work the range said 335 miles...
I dont take any notice of it at all any more, I just use the average/instant mpg instead