rashcupra's beezer IHI'd

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
hello every1 thought some of you would be interested in the work JBS Autodesigns recently done on my seat ibiza cupra 20vt. It went into jbs autodesigns about a month ago for the folowing modifications

uprated clutch kit
single mass lighter flywheel
IHI vf34 turbo
custon 3" de cat downpipe
Tubular IHI exhaust maifold
4 bar fuel presure regulator
4 bar fuel pump
Green top injectors
Custom-Code Stage 3 remap
custom coolant lines
custom Turbo intake pipe
custom silicone hose work
cupra tdi airbox
3" maf housing & sensor
oil filter, oil, g12 coolant ect
and the cambelt timing corrected [:@]

its runniing at 1.2 bar and here are the results

MAX BHP- 333.4 MAX TORQUE- 322.6

the torque reading is pritty irrelaevant as wheels where spinning on the rollers from 3000rpm and the rollers catch up at about 5500rpm as from driving it i can tel you the torque doesnt kick in at 4000rpm and peak at 5500rpm

here is a video of the rolling road but off my phone so doesnt do the sound any justice!

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b9/rover25/videos/?action=view&current=Video004.flv

VVvv This is a really rough idea of what the graph would look like without the wheels spinning on the R-R vvVV
R-RIHI.jpg

here is the untouched graph :D

Image002-1.jpg

also anouther thing that amazed me was the MPG i got on the 4 hour drive home its better than before the IHI. This MPG was acheived with normal motorway driving with a FEW blasts! and it turn heads!!!!

Image001-1.jpg

Image027.jpg

here are some pictures of the IHI turbo (installed but unfinished!)

DSCF0003-1.jpg

DSCF0009-1.jpg

DSCF0001.jpg

thank you for looking and if you dont belive me on the spinning on the rolling road then il just have to take you out in it some time!

THANK YOU JBS Autodesigns for fitting the kit and sorting ot the cambelt fault (seat dealer put my cambelt on wrong on warranty work!) the car runs lovely when i want to drive it sensibly and great on fuel (never thought id say that!) and when you give it some beans itsounds ANIMAL (popping, banging & you can hear it the IHI TURBO spinning up :cloud9: )

Last edited:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
eeerrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhh YES! my legs go like jelly when imdriving its amazing :love:

id advise any1 to go out and do it as imo is the best way to spend 5k :D getting that feeling :)

in dyer need of a LSD as it wheel spins in 4th!

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
322 torque and 48 mpg !!

you sure they didn't stick a pd130 in there while your back was turned ;)

glad you got it back mate, enjoy but don't stack it and don't get done doing 80 in a 30 limit

well done JBS

HTC

Sep 2, 2004
Really happy for you, sounds like good fun. I ordered this kit from JBS a week or so ago, gonna fit it myself. Can't wait!!!!!!

I'm considering Racelogic's traction control for mine.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I wouldn't trust the mpg now you've changed the MAF/injectors & FPR from what it's expecting as std

do a brim to brim calculation

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
very cool dude! IHI is the future! im makin 323bhp and 328 lb/ft in a mk3 beeza!! and they are alot of fun to drive

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

superb mate superb!!!!!

if we ever happen to meet, i will definately take you up on the offer made of a passenger blast down some private roads ;)

i think your next mod must be replacing the passenger grab handles for some more durable titanium ones! reckon somebody will snap a plastic one clean off!

:clap: JBS :clap: looks a very good fit for the turbo & manifold, doesn't look like a great deal of space to work in!

Deleted member 13581

Nice one mate.

As Sisson says, this must be the most powerful MK4 Cupra.

They are scary figures.

mrcoyote

See no evil...
Jul 26, 2004
Not wishing to cast aspersions or propagate stereotypes, but how does a 19 year old afford not only to buy a new Ibiza Cupra and then another 5k to IHI it, but on top of all that insure it?

You have told your insurance company about the mods haven't you?

carlisle pete

Mar 25, 2006
working usually does the job!! im 20 bought and paid for my cupra and IHI!! and il tell the truth im insured through my mum and dad!!!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise