rashcupra's beezer IHI'd

yeahbaby!

hello yeahbaby welcome to the site :wave:

it depends on what you want from the cupra if you want to get the most power without going mad on money then a miltek exhaust and sports cat (I HAVE FOR SALE) and a forge 007 recirculating valve and a green panel filter and a decent remap will see you 220-235bhp!

but if no money is an object dont pi55 around with these get an uprated turbo ect! exspect to pay about £1,500 for option A and about £4,000 minimum for the bigger turbo kit :D

loads of the work on my car is custom made as a cupra i belive has never been done :D until now :cheeky:

Thank you for the welcome.;)

I think I would rather cash in on your hindsight and opt for the JBS route or something similar, however I am in South Africa and hence the question of whether it was in a kit form.

I currently just have a map and a hyperboost dv on the car and run around 170hp and 207.9 lbf/ft at the wheels - needless to say it pales in comparision. I think I will contact JBS and find out what we can do.

In preparation for this conversion what exhaust diameter and box arrangement are you running?

V

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
its allin the first post mate :D

3" de cat downpipe (custom made)
and the airbox is out of the cupra diesel as it has a bigger maf housing and outlet so more air ;) contact jbs maybe they will i dont know :D

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
no problem mate keep updating us with progress of your car :D

every1 sorry but jbs's camera only caught the first bit of my roaling road video which is very annoying but will have plenty of video's soon of it on the road :D

T. Spark

why do things by half ;) only kidding fair play to you mate!

Your not wrong d00d, I got well and truly mullered by a M5 this evening :( Even with 260bhp + 400lb/ft I doubt I could have :(

But on the other hand, 400bhp with injectors on a 1.8T in the same shell... muwahaha... maybe.

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate
mental mate, youve finally got it all done, been away for a few weeks, last time i looked you didnt have the car back yet, ive read all 8 pages since back and sounds like youve got a thunderstorm in a teacup now.:thumbup:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
ive had it back about a week now and im loving it! can sense il be wanting more power in the not to distant future tho :-o

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
when ive payedoff the snap on man and others il be putting dollar away for LSD, internals, intercooler pipeing and anouther remap :D go for more 350-360bhp :shrug: but that will be a few months away!

i think i medically have something wrong with me a soon as i get more power within weeks im gagging for more! :( why cant i be happy!

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
no as ive only really just got the clutch run in will try and get some video's and info asap i think it will be im guessing 5-6 secs tho

T. Spark

Id imagine, assuming you can get the power down, 5 seconds will be doable..

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
even without the limited slip diff i get power down really well and im finding ways to stop it spinning but still getting MOST of the power down! but with diff 5 will be easier!

T. Spark

As far as I know the slip diff is aimed for corners. 0-60's wont change much with a slip diff on from what I have read up. Now come to a corner, and your'll be laughing as you fly round!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
a diff will apply power to both wheels, rather than slipping one, which it most likely will at the moment

in low IHI tune Bill was seeing mid 5's at places like trax IIRC

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
finished my full vented tank of petrol today :doh: and got 210miles but that is driving normally and then a few mad bursts also when taking mates ect out to show what it can do so harsher driving than normal so i think i can exspect to see 250miles to every tank when ive finished showing every1 :rolleyes:!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise