RATS IN THE BMW - OOOPS

• Thread starter Deleted member 103408
  • Start date

Deleted member 103408

We had a family friend round to day and she was not in her normal BMW car.

Instead she had a little French Car so I asked her why.

Answer is she lives in the country (like me) and she went to strart the car up and a warning light showed.

Last time this happend (its a 3 year old car) it was because Rats had got in the engine compartment and eaten through the wiring.
Sure enough same thing has occurred there were cut (rat eating) wires all over the place.

BMW Garage came and took the car away and service manager told her this is not uncommon.

Last time it cost her £350-00 but this time she is expecting it to cost more.

Sharpy

This place has cost me a fortune....
Oct 2, 2018
I've seen that before. Its especially common if a car isnt used a great deal, normally if its used regularly its less likely to happen, however animals of all kinds will gravitate to cars to keep warm... then they'll look for something tasty to eat, like to cables... mmmm cables.

Reactions: kanyewest

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well, since I had my coolant leak, I've had a cat living in my undershield. I'm pretty sure my sump smells mighty attractive to felines.

Deleted member 103408

That's the bit that got her, she uses the car every day, obviously its cold so the creatures are looking for somewhere warm and then yum yum nice expensive BMW Cables (bit like german sausage)

Reactions: X3RN and Sharpy