Rattle from Passenger Side Dash / Glovebox - Fixed!

cupra2008

Jan 10, 2008
The Type R is certainly a contender - I got the impression though it would probably be a bit more thirsty than the Cupra. I like the simplified interior of the Cupra though, the Civics I have seen are a bit too bling for me. Plus if you ever drive through Swindon its like Stepford wives... ;)

cupra2008

Jan 10, 2008
@ALT54
Thanks - I think my dealer is getting there, hopefully they can speak to someone at Camberley on Monday.

Ian1985

My car has been into the dealers today because of a rattle on the passenger side, it's driving me crazy! They're tried various things today but still no joy...need to book it in today.

The rattle in my car is under acceration, particularly when the turbo is boosting and the engine is producing a lot of vibration....anyone else had the same?

Stealthdave

Sep 28, 2006
When my car was first purchased after about 6 months it developed quite a few rattles. Its now 2 and a half years old but has no rattles now....not sure at which point they stopped

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
Wolkanku / Carnivor
I have had the very same issues with the air vent flowers and had to do all these fixes too...foam padding around the inner vents, velcro fur in the gap (as per Carnivor's photo) plus nemerous other padding / taping up of wires behind the Clima control unit and 25 other similar rattle fixes under the bonnet, involving running my hands all round the engine bay (when cold !) to ensure there are no wires or cables moving anywhere.
It took me nearly 3 months to eliminate all the various rattles, - what a pain !

I have a theory that many of these rattles are caused by the fact that these cars are assembled in a warmer southern European climate, where the plastics do not seem to rattle due to the expansion factor. :confused:

All silence on my car now though...phew ! :D

Steve Halls

Leon TFSi Sport 56 rattle

I'm new to this sort of thing and a bit of an internet idiot but hoping I can get some help. My glove box is fine but I have a rattle that seems to be comig from under the car, most noticable at low speed and when going over bumps etc. Its a tinny sound as if something metalic is loose, any ideas?:confused::confused:

chrisjgill

Dec 13, 2007
Skipton
i have had a look under my car today and seen the jacking point, and on the passenger side it is loose, will try and have ago at fixing it wed. Did you guys just tuck some cloth underneath it too stop it then, and its worked?

Sorry to jump in on the thread but I have an annoying squeak/grinding noise coming from middle left of the car, between rear and front passenger door. It doesn't happen so much when it's been raining or the car has been washed. Dealer looked at the door and said it was fine then didn't want to know. Could the problem be the jacking point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hazo

Dear All. I've just encounted the dreaded 65 mph and above rattle. As described before the rattle sounds to be behind the glove box or far left air vent. This rattle is very annoying and after some investigation work ( mainly taking off trim ie Glovebox and other numerous items) i traced the noise to the engine bay. After a good look at some parts metioned in this threat and a good pull and shove i noticed the plastic trim that sits below the windscreen wipers, tucks under the bonnet when shut and stretches from pillar to pillar was loose. This was tightened up with a screw located at top left hand side. Hey presto!!! So far so good. No rattle. Hope this make sence. If there is anybody out there with the same prob and require a photo then please ask.

adamski

Mar 25, 2012
Camrbridge UK
Long shot as the last post on this thread was over three years ago but Hazo do you have a picture of the screw you mean? I have the same rattle and believe it could be coming from that plastic strip but when i looked at it i didn't see any screw securing it. Thanks in advance!

Sep 18, 2020
OK got the car back from the dealer today, fixed under warranty. ...and it does really seem to be fixed! :funk: Drove back back home on motorway and not a sound. ....so far lol

Here is a photo of what I think the technician was describing to me. Basically its a cover under the passenger side door behind the wheel arch. He said it just needed to be properly secured. He didn't say how though.

Excuse the dirty car, not been cleaned properly for 2 weeks :p

Hi,

I know this is a long shot but i have the same rattle and this picture has now been deleted!

Can you offer any advise on this?

Thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.