Rattle Update

andrew_ww

Nov 15, 2007
Hi,

Just thought I’d post an update following my cars trip to the garage to sort out the various rattles.

Rattle on the dash – this turn out to be a screw that had not been tightened at the factory which secures the instrument binnacle, this has now been tightened.

Rattle on passenger side dashboard – this turned out to be the plastic cover on the A-pillar. It had been seated incorrectly. Now re-seated.

Knocking noise when going over speed humps – Turned out that the garage I got this from had not PDI’ed the car correctly and left a plastic transport clip on the suspension – apparently used to protect something when it’s tied down on a transporter. Anyway it’s now been removed. This could have occurred because all other Leon’s have two of these but for some unknown reason the MK3’s have 3. Luckily no damage has been done to the vehicle

Given it a 50 mile trip and all seems well, however I’ll see how it performs over a week.

Hope this helps someone else.

Last edited:

welshy67

I get a rattle on the dash too, started about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I'll pop to my dealer and ask them to take a look.

welshy67

Took mine in yesterday and they found that a clip had come loose in the dash. All sorted now :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise