Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

Jul 29, 2013
Essex
Mine was a sep build so I reckon they forgot what they were doing during their month off. Its 99% ace, will get there eventually.

dephead2004

Aug 3, 2013
Sounds like it's not build date then. What about options eg SEAT sound etc?

I had a problem with my SE as I specified F+R parking sensors. The bumper bulged and was eventually replaced. Story on here elsewhere

allan69

Jul 30, 2010
Wellingborough, UK
Yes my rattles are intermittent too and I have noticed that they appear more when the interior is cold. When the cabin has warmed up things are not so bad... so maybe this is all due to expansion/contraction of the different materials used... What have other members experienced and done to rectify the problem??

This is exactly what I'm getting and each time you go to the dealers... Guess what it stops, so then they think I'm just hearing things... [:@]

They've had my car for two days and they still were unable to hear these noises... So until they can hear them they will not attempt to resolve the problem. It's driving me potty... So all I do now is just turn up the music :whistle:

Hopefully after some more feedback on here, we all might be able to get to the bottom of this.... :seatgod:

Last edited:

weirdkerr

Nov 24, 2013
Morayshire
tracked down my rattle to something in the glovebox.... took every thing I had in there and drove with it on the passenger seat..... no rattle

Pgcreature

Oct 7, 2013
Surrey
Certainly don't think it's time of build, I m not really clued up when my FR 184 was built but I took delivery beginning of September . One thing I was wondering the dash board noise may be is resonance of the trim caused by the engine noise/ vibration through the slightly stiffer suspension and low profile tyres , rather than anything actually loose .....totally agree these small niggles are irritating whilst the in the main is fantastic to drive... both performance and road compusure.

JK1

May 15, 2002
Bedford
Visit site
My rattles seem dependant on temperature, quite cold and theres a rattle from the passenger side door/dashboard. If it's pretty cold then I get a rattle from the instrument panel once the interior has warmed up both disappear.

T5HUK

Picked up my Leon in June , just like to say I think the car is 99% fantastic before I start my rant . It's just the little niggly things that let it down.. Rattling dash has been driving me crazy and is so embarrassing when I have passengers in the car with me . I tried turning up the stereo to cover the noise but all I get then is a rattle from the door area because it can't handle vibration from speakers ..my Cubby hole under heater controls has stopped opening with out me forcing it open . Although it opened on its own the other day when I opened glove box . Weird ! .. My fuel filler flap supposed to open with central locking but whenever I get out to fill up it's still locked so I have to unlock car again to get it open ... I optioned convenience pack to get auto coming home/ leaving home lights , after first week I noticed that it was not working correctly and I was back into dealer asking why it's not working and 7 months on they still haven't fixed it or even know how to fix it . I've been waiting for a new rear view mirror for 2 months . They are replacing that because they now think the light sensor that's in it is faulty . I have been back into dealership nearly 20 times since I picked up the car and have had to write 2 letters of complaint . [:@]

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
my passenger pillar was making the dreaded noise specially in the cold until i noticed it had a bit of movement so i pushed it around and now it has stopped :D

i think i have tracked my dashboard rattle down to where all the speedo dials are the plastic see through panel had a bit of movement so i pushed that and now its all fine for know

now both my door cards seem to have a rattle but it sounds as if there is something loose inside them i do have the seat sound pack so maybe it is to do with that :\ but its bloody annoying

JsyCuPrA

Jun 16, 2003
Oxfordshire
Visit site
Took my 2.0 150 FR in three weeks ago, told them rattle and vibration on passenger front pillar and passenger front door card. Picked up and was told all fixed ! Got it back and was making more noise then when it went in ! It has been in again today and they have said it needs new door card, new plastic frame for door card to fit onto and also new electric window switches. But no parts in stock in the whole uk and will be after xmas.
So two days off work and still a rattling/ vibrating pax front door !
Was told the front speaker vibrating is also due to the above faults.

Love the car though, and strange I had the same issues on my then brand new Leon mk1 LCR.

sootytorques

Sep 9, 2013
All these rattles, are they early teething problems that have now been sorted ?, really putting me off wanting to order my car.

marty_34

Apr 21, 2012
TEESSIDE
Took my 2.0 150 FR in three weeks ago, told them rattle and vibration on passenger front pillar and passenger front door card. Picked up and was told all fixed ! Got it back and was making more noise then when it went in ! It has been in again today and they have said it needs new door card, new plastic frame for door card to fit onto and also new electric window switches. But no parts in stock in the whole uk and will be after xmas.
So two days off work and still a rattling/ vibrating pax front door !
Was told the front speaker vibrating is also due to the above faults.

this is the exact fault I have, I was told it was due to something needing bonding in the door. clearly a dealer that doesn't have a clue

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
I Have this rattling/vibration on the door as well. Has anyone had it cured by the dealers yet? I also had a rattle behind the drivers side air vent that the dealer fixed, but I fear its coming back and the door vibration is driving me nuts.

Last edited:

RasmusDC

i get a bit concerned, since i have a cupra 5d 6mt in order...

this rattling, is it something that 80%+ has on their Leons have even read it in reviews..

or is it just a few people, and all collected in this thread? i HATE rattling interior my old FR from a couple of cars back, had many issues with quality but not rattling... and it could be something that made me rethink my Cupra...

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
i get a bit concerned, since i have a cupra 5d 6mt in order...

this rattling, is it something that 80%+ has on their Leons have even read it in reviews..

or is it just a few people, and all collected in this thread? i HATE rattling interior my old FR from a couple of cars back, had many issues with quality but not rattling... and it could be something that made me rethink my Cupra...

When I first got the car is was quiet as a mouse. I guess some stuff has loosened up a bit. I had a rattly dash/speedo but the dealers fixed it quite quick. The problem is fixiable as it doesnt come out the factory this way. We just need someone to pinpoint the root cause so that dealers can fix. Once this has been identified the car will be good as new again.

RasmusDC

When I first got the car is was quiet as a mouse. I guess some stuff has loosened up a bit. I had a rattly dash/speedo but the dealers fixed it quite quick. The problem is fixiable as it doesnt come out the factory this way. We just need someone to pinpoint the root cause so that dealers can fix. Once this has been identified the car will be good as new again.

okay.. im just at bit "extra concerned" paying the price that we do for the car her i Denmark.

i have to live with it for 4 years, so i need it to be stable ... and nice to drive.

dashboard rattles in my experience are nearly impossible to fix, since you have to remove so much to get to the root cause, and then you end up with a rattle another place, and marks all over the dashboard from when it was fixed.

keithjeb

Nov 1, 2013
okay.. im just at bit "extra concerned" paying the price that we do for the car her i Denmark.

i have to live with it for 4 years, so i need it to be stable ... and nice to drive.

dashboard rattles in my experience are nearly impossible to fix, since you have to remove so much to get to the root cause, and then you end up with a rattle another place, and marks all over the dashboard from when it was fixed.

My dash doesn't rattle, although I do have both the passenger door and drivers door seal issues. You get rattles with any types of car though, of the cars I've had in the past the 'budget' one (hyundai coupe) has actually been the least rattly (compared to mondeo, yaris, C30, V40 and a brief spell in a 3 series).

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
In fairness my dash rattle was fixed and never returned, it just seems to be the door ones they have trouble with (in my experience). I have to keep my car for 4+ years as well so I hope it gets fixed soon.

I really dont think though that I could have got a better new car for the money as the equivelent Golf/Audi A3 was so much more expensive and the new ford focus middle dash/console is a bloody eyesore and very cluttered.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.