Rattles/squeaking noise in the door area

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
I have just had my leon back from the dealer after having the same issue.they said it was door clips that needed installing,now the noise has gone.extremely annoying noise

Hi Mate,

Can you tel me the name of the dealers please? My car is going into fife seat on the 30th and they arent aware of new or modified clips. Damn cards never rattle when they have the car and I'm not sure they actually believe me.

Thanks,

B0nk3r5

Daniel1431

Jun 21, 2008
Walsall, West Midlands
Just had my car back from the garage as the clocks were replaced. On way driving it home they rattle like terrible now. Think it may have to go back into the garage to get it looked at :(

B0nk3r5

Aug 13, 2013
There is a TPI (or whatever its called) for this now. Just got my car back last week and apparently they removed the cards and "felted" in select areas. MIne is better but there is still a slight rattle/vibration on my door card so it will go back, but it is definetly better.

Im at work so dont have the numbers to hand unfortunately.

strummer

Jan 30, 2008
There is a TPI (or whatever its called) for this now. Just got my car back last week and apparently they removed the cards and "felted" in select areas. MIne is better but there is still a slight rattle/vibration on my door card so it will go back, but it is definetly better.

I was made aware of this at a recent service after I had complained about rattles from the nearside a-pillar and offside passenger door. The parts or "felt" is on order and car will be booked in for getting it fitted when it arrives. Fingers crossed.

Matti05

Mine rattles only when its in sport mode at about 2krpm and 2,8krpm angain, its kinda annoying

strzalaking

Hi, could you post the TPI (or anything else that I could show to the Seat guys in Poland)? I'm having the same exact annoying rattle/buzz from both doors, been twice to the dealer's, they couldn't fix the problem and have no idea about any service instructions concerning it.

I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

CaptieltnCrunch

May 30, 2014
Ayrshire, Scotland
I've found the rattles on my drivers side are pretty bad depending on road surface or revs between 2 and 3k.
i have found putting pressure down on the speedo surround has stopped most of the vibrations not sure how to permentatly resolve the rattles though. had it in to my dealers but they couldn't find the issue. :(

heliliam

Aug 11, 2013
well i have been on to seat uk about this as the dealer has had it 3 times and on 1 occasion they had it for 3 days and its still just as bad so i have told them that they have one last chance to fix it and have given them a week if its not fixed i have said i want a new car so lets that makes them get there arses into gear lol :D

i have both door card rattle and a dash rattle

Last edited:

Doug_m

Jun 6, 2014
NE Scotland
Squeeky passenger doorcard aswell.

Is it something loose or just need some padding.
I will do myself but just curious!

Aardvark

Apr 24, 2014
Leeds, Yorkshire
Hi fellas, I am sure that you are all right about the door card and the squeaks but just to make sure

Wash your door seals, especially the felt part with some dish detergent on a sponge and wipe over with a damp flannel, also wash the inside of the door shuts at the top of the doors and wipe over with the damp flannel

Go and drive your car and see if you still have the squeaks.

I had squeaks on mine and found this tip over on a BMW forum

Last edited:

EoinM

Hi fellas, I am sure that you are all right about the door card and the squeaks but just to make sure

Wash your door seals, especially the felt part with some dish detergent on a sponge and wipe over with a damp flannel, also wash the inside of the door shuts at the top of the doors and wipe over with the damp flannel

Go and drive your car and see if you still have the squeaks.

I had squeaks on mine and found this tip over on a BMW forum

I've been using Lithium grease on mine. Have o do i after every wash at this stage to stop the noises.

Also at 16k the door cards are starting to make themselves apparent. I'd prefer not to let the dealer fix it - I'd rather pad them out myself.

EoinM

Well a week later and both door cars on the passenger side are driving me to the brink of insanity. When I test drove this car I was immediately impressed by how rattle free it was compared to my Astra GTC. I'm going to take a stab at it this weekend and see what I can do. The front passenger one is rattling near the B-Pillar and only apparent on poor surfaces but when it is it's extremely loud and annoying. The rear passenger door is constant and hits your left ear just so...it never, ever disappears.

Has anyone any guides for removing the door cards?

EoinM

I may have found a less invasive way of sorting this (temporarily at least). I use lithium grease in an aerosol to stop my doors creaking when I drive along. Rather than taking the door cards off I sprayed some of the grease sparingly into the panel gaps of the door cards using the small red nozzle it came with. Just on the edged towards the side of the door that opens. They're not making any noise now.

Might be of some use for someone who wants to protect their sanity while waiting a full fix. Just make sure to wipe off the excess!

I'll do the drivers side now (it was the passenger side that made the noise) just to show what I did. Worth a shot rather than leaving the dealer scratch bits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

meich

Jan 15, 2014
I've fixed the door rattling by myself.

Look at this bad OEM fix, absolutly useless!
It has nevertheless rattled :mad:

Right door before fixing:

nu5yradu.jpg

ydubeda3.jpg

vy5yqudu.jpg

Left door before fixing:

mepadazu.jpg

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy S4 gesendet.

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
I've fixed the door rattling by myself.

Look at this bad OEM fix, absolutly useless!
It has nevertheless rattled :mad:

Right door before fixing:

Von meinem Samsung Galaxy S4 gesendet.

Could you post pics of the actual fix? and also, how did you removed the panels? I want to fix my car and mybe add some dynamat or something.

EoinM

Could you post pics of the actual fix? and also, how did you removed the panels? I want to fix my car and mybe add some dynamat or something.

+1 on that! I'd much rather tackle this's self with some care.

Temp fix goes like this:

Lithium spray
vydame6u.jpg

Back door gaps

uzejy2u7.jpg

Small amounts - it will spread down itself

qaze6ehe.jpg

Front doors same idea but no too near the LED strip

ehu7e5un.jpg

ypu9a7y8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shutcorea

Nov 22, 2011
Mexico
+1 on that! I'd much rather tackle this's self with some care.

Temp fix goes like this:

Lithium spray
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/24/vydame6

Back door gaps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Do you think I can use this?
[IMG]http://moto-hobby.ru/oils/oil_liqui_moly/image/090058-748-5655.jpg

Is the one I have right now

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.