Rattling inside interior when driving 19 cupra

Paulr23

Jan 14, 2019
Not too sure what it is, but anyone had any experience with this with their car?

When driving is a weird rattling/vibration coming from the passenger side of the car, as if like an air vent is loose and is rattling against the plastic and its making an awful racket. Have to have music on rather loud to drown the sound out.

Can obviously take it back to a dealer if needed as im sure they can sort this out? But them determining the problem I assume will be rather hard, hence coming here first.

Cheers

silles

May 4, 2017
does the intensity depend on what mode are u in , if so it must be the so hated sound actor

zedlor

Aug 24, 2017
Warrington
I've just noticed the same thing yesterday, I've yet to have a proper look to see where it's coming from. I think it's coming from the rear behind the passenger seat, somewhere along the door.

Might be in a totally different place to your rattle though!

Paulr23

Jan 14, 2019
I've just noticed the same thing yesterday, I've yet to have a proper look to see where it's coming from. I think it's coming from the rear behind the passenger seat, somewhere along the door.

Might be in a totally different place to your rattle though!

I read a previous post something about the headrests being up, try put them down see if that works for yourself

servicepoint

Jan 30, 2016
Mine has developed a vibration rattle from rear passenger door / pillar/ seat area, I’ve not managed to pinpoint it yet but it’s annoying.

Tara

Jan 21, 2008
Bournemouth
It's Seat ownership lol but if it's in the first 6 months Seat will fix but if not they are all pretty easy to find and fix with patience and a passenger , if you Google your rattle 9 times out of 10 someone has a fix or idea what's causing it.

Reactions: Legojon

Laurbach

Jan 22, 2019
My 19 Cupra rattles from both front doors, the back seat somewhere and from under the dash. At some point I'll try to sort out the back seat and the doors but I don't feel like taking the dash apart.
My old car, 2015 leon fr had the same issues. I took it to Seat under warranty and they had it in for a total of 10 times to try and sort it out. A few of the times they had it for more than a week. It only got worse and in the end they gave up and said it is what it is..
I'm not sure I'll bring the new one in to Seat, I think illI rather try to sort it myself

Sword

Apr 22, 2019
Winchester
My 19 Cupra rattles from both front doors, the back seat somewhere and from under the dash. At some point I'll try to sort out the back seat and the doors but I don't feel like taking the dash apart.
My old car, 2015 leon fr had the same issues. I took it to Seat under warranty and they had it in for a total of 10 times to try and sort it out. A few of the times they had it for more than a week. It only got worse and in the end they gave up and said it is what it is..
I'm not sure I'll bring the new one in to Seat, I think illI rather try to sort it myself

The back seat rattle I solved by wrapping some electrical tape around the metal loop that the rear seat clips into. Simply pull the seat forward and apply some tape and put it back, takes 2 minutes.

Not sure if this is the same noise you have but worth a go nonetheless.

Reactions: Laurbach

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
A competent dealer can sort the door rattles by taking the trim off, filling it with some expanding noodle foam thingi...put trim back on, and silence (from the doors), only to realise there were quieter rattles elsewhere. Speakers sounded better in the process to. This was my experience when I had my Leon. My Ibiza, no rattles or squeaks whatsoever, except when going over cobbled street with 40 profile tyres.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
I had a rattle coming from the front passenger door of my FR, only when certain bassy music was playing. Driving didn’t seem to affect it just music coming through the speakers.

Took it into the dealer and they traced it to a loose plastic ‘medallion’ behind the speaker in the door, they refit it and put some sealant around it, no more rattling and was covered under the original warranty.

I probably could have done it myself but didn’t fancy snapping all the clips off the door card!

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
My rattle sounds like its around the passenger sun visor/roof area, I thought it was the sun visor loose. When I picked up a touch up stick at my 'local' (most helpful) dealer after a couple of weeks they told me had seen the issue before and its the wiring loom in the roof space above the headlining to the centre light/alarm panel. They take it down and rap foam round it. I live with it at the moment so it can wait for the service...or I might get it in before see if it gets cured then only 1st service visit next.

Reactions: -antero-
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.