Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Rattling linkage

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Geraint Thomas, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Geraint Thomas

Geraint Thomas Active Member

My 2016 FR 1.4 had an annoying rattling sound earlier. I could tell straight away that the rattle was in the engine bay behind the clocks. I've just been out and found this linkage rattles like mad if you give it a wobble. Is there an easy fix or should I take it back to SEAT as it has warranty. received_461405681194951.jpeg received_458170191544100.jpeg received_461405681194951.jpeg

2. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

Sorry bit good luck with them.
    See below:

Further to our telephone call on 19 September, I can confirm that SEAT UK are unable to forward any videos to a German Master Technician. This is because we rely on the information supplied by our Network of Approved SEAT Dealers and would not look to overturn their decision regarding diagnosis.

During our telephone conversation, I did confirm that if you are unhappy with the outcome from the previous diagnosis that was carried out, you are entitled to take it to another SEAT Dealer for a separate opinion however, this decision may not change.

I appreciate this is not the outcome you had hoped for and I would refer you to The Motor Ombudsman, a CTSI certified Alternative Dispute Resolution Provider that we are happy to engage with through the ADR procedure. I have provided their contact details below:

Motor Ombudsman advice line: 0345 241 3008

Address:
    The Motor Ombudsman
    71 Great Peter Street
    London
    SW1P 2BN

Thank you for taking the time to contact SEAT UK.

Yours sincerely

Abby Orme

Executive Office
    SEAT UK

3. Geraint Thomas

Did you have the same problem and this was the result?????

4. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

Yes.seat avoid all warranty job.
    My new cupra after 3 week the battery was flat.Seat not replaced the battery just charged up.i had no car for 3 days...no curtesy car available just week later.
    But the seat was happy to send AA and next day vw roadside assistance to do nothing.

5. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

My year old seat numerous items have fallen off it, went to seat with a list as long as your arm and the reply i got was

“we are not too concerned about these plastic pieces just collect them and keep them in the boot”

6. Seriously?

Seriously? Active Member

Wastegate actuator? Quite a common thing, but at least you're in good company - Audi's have the same issue.

7. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

When the boot handle stayed in my hand, nissan told i need to pay for it.so all the same crap.

8. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

Seat dealership manager told me:next time buy an audi and they will fix it.

9. BigJase88

BigJase88 Jase

Hahahaha they actually do not give a monkeys

even when you go in with a common widespread fault all you get is “thats strange we have never seen that before” they are all crooks.

thats why i don’t mind that this is a lease car, it’s not my issue anymore so i care as little as they do i just wanted them to note all the broken bits / fallen off bits so i am not liable

10. Geraint Thomas

Is there a fix for it as apparently the SEAT approved warranty covers everything.