Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Rattling turbo actuator

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Geraint Thomas, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Geraint Thomas

Geraint Thomas Active Member

My 2016 FR 1.4 has a rattling turbo actuator. You can hear it at 2000 rpm if you accelerate steadily but I think it goes once the turbos boosting. I went to the dealers and they said all actuators rattle and they are loose from new. Any advice or anything to worry about?

2. RUM4MO

RUM4MO Active Member

Was there not a bit of chat about a spring clip being fitted to stop this, to some engines only officially but effective when used on others?

3. BoomerBoom

BoomerBoom Active Member

I think the spring clip was for the actuator arm, rather than the actuator itself? My 2018 1.4 only rattles in ACT mode and has done since new, otherwise it's silent and I think only the arm is rattling.

I've read that Audi will replace rattling turbos under warranty, but Seat will not so I'd guess nothing to worry about, it's only annoying.

4. Tonezz

Tonezz Active Member

Last gen TSI engines had this problem but only VW USA acknowledged the problem, you could order the clip and get it over here though.

I've not heard about it on the MK3 though so I'm not sure if there is a new clip for it.

5. Norbert

Norbert Active Member

No repair clip for younger engines. Master mechanic advised they cant fix it.
    Good luck with seat.