Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

Rcd510 in 2007

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2 (2006-2012)' started by Clossie, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Clossie

Clossie Active Member

Will this fit or will I need vag code update etc. I've been looking for a while, not that bothered with the rns's but I like the look of this. Does anybody know if it will fit and integrate with my steering controls off the bat or am I going to need to muck about with wiring etc

2. Rajraj

Rajraj Active Member

You should just search here on the forum.

Can bus i think you need to upgrade bc of the battery drain issue

3. Tiago_EO

Tiago_EO Active Member

I have a Leon from september 2007 with larga MDF and bluetooth. I have installed a rcd510.

The radio was from a VW Passat and when i select the option to reset radio configurations it auto swap the boot screen to SEAT media system. The steering controls work without configure anything.

No battery drain.

Sorry for my bad english. Im portuguese ;)

4. J400uk

J400uk Active Member

It depends when in 2007 it was built as this was when they changed over. Check the VIN and see if the 10th digit is a 7 or 8, designating whether it's a 2007 or 2008 spec Leon. Alternatively if you have access to VCDS you could run a scan and check the model number of the CAN Gateway module to see if it's one of the newer editions.

5. Clossie

Clossie Active Member

It's a 7. So I guess I need to upgrade the canbus. Would I have to do this with non oem headunits also, or just the rcd/rns units?

6. cupra_ahhh

cupra_ahhh Active Member

I thought the battery drain was dependent on the car, not the head unit. Wasn't it sorted in cars older than 2007 or 2008?