Re MK4 Ibiza Alana Radio connections

rickyg

Can anyone tell me which ISO block goes where? My garage changed the starter motor and disconnected the battery which has lost the radio code. They then being helpful took the radio out and left it on the seat. I am taking the car to a SEAT dealer IMG warrington to get the code but it would be nice if the radio was actually in the dash before I got there but as I didn't remove it I dont know which of the 2 ISO blocks goes where? One is for speaker and one power but how do I tell which is which? (no steering wheel controls) Can anyone help identify which is which?
Thanks
Rick

rickyg

Thanks Chris, trouble is the two connector blocks seem to be exactly the same size and shape so I don't know which one goes where if you see what I mean.

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
The speaker ones should be the top connection. The colours of the wires should be in pairs and there should be 8 wires minimum.

The other connector goes in the bottom. There should be colours including red, yellow, black.

chris4500uk

Nov 25, 2008
Near Middlesbrough
If you take a close look at the side connector (the part that holds the connection in place) it should be in a different location to the other one. Hence will only fit one way, they do both look very simlar until you try and fit them :)

kriso

_______ C U P R A _______
Jan 29, 2007
Brighton
If you take a close look at the side connector (the part that holds the connection in place) it should be in a different location to the other one. Hence will only fit one way, they do both look very simlar until you try and fit them :)

Yea good point, you can see the difference here:

alanaTerminals.jpg