Re-spray progress

cupraNCS

Apr 9, 2007
Port Glasgow
Got the laquer striped off the bonet and roof today and gave them the bumper and the wing 4 nice new coats of paint:D:D. Will be giving it a few coats of laquer tomorrow:)

Deleted member 12147

Looking good, are you doing the all the work yourself? Will you be colour coding the bump strips while you're at it?

cupraNCS

Apr 9, 2007
Port Glasgow
Just doing the work in college so had help from from ma lecturer and the other boys in the class:) Its not a full respray unfortunatley:( just bumper, wing, bonet and roof, Its not gona be the best respray ever but for £80 u cant complain:)

Just gona leave the bumpstrips as they are, like the way the black breaks up the couler:D

Deleted member 12147

What do you study at coll? something to do with body repairs? £80 Bargain :).

cupraNCS

Apr 9, 2007
Port Glasgow
In my 1st year of Car body repair and refinishing, hopefully be doing another 2:D:D. we always have different lecturers cars in doing repairs on them and also have a mini pickup, 1930's MG restoration projects on the go:):)

Well chuffed with it only costing £80:D Wonder how much it would cost if a was to put it in to a body shop to get the work done??:blink:

cupraNCS

Apr 9, 2007
Port Glasgow
It was already half faded when a started anyway:lol::lol: Just an unfortunate part of owning a yellow seat:(

Wil be giving it a damn good polishing so just have to see how it turns out;)

sirjimalot

JIM-MAN
Aug 10, 2005
County Durham
yeh will look daft panel to panel.

abt £1500 to £2000 depending on damage etc.

But may i ask why u have left the little things like side repeaters etc. in

Will look alright if the paint match is ok and the car gets a good full detail to bring the rest of the yellow back.

Resprays really vary up and down the country. I payed £650 for a full red respray, that was a hell of a lot of work getting the paint smoothed down to metal again as it had been paint stripped.....3 weeks infact....panels welded in where badges were etc. Benefits of living in the North and knowing a few people ;)

Riko

MURDER WAGON
Jun 10, 2007
Milton Keynes
I handed my bumper over to a spray garage today and its costing me £150, should be a good job as their are the official repair/sprayer for Seat in Milton Keynes. Got a quote on the front wing which would cost £120 alone!

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Looks like a good colour match so should look ok once its had a good detail;)

Wouldnt bank on it mate, when i had my valver`s bonnet,splitter and bumper done i used seats bengal yellow and it turned out awful. Im suprized i sold the car to be honest it was so obvious to me.

bigairhooligan

go big or go home
Jan 28, 2008
Newport Pagnell
I handed my bumper over to a spray garage today and its costing me £150, should be a good job as their are the official repair/sprayer for Seat in Milton Keynes. Got a quote on the front wing which would cost £120 alone!

I've just been given a number for a guy over near bozeat who's suppose to be pretty good and also pretty cheap. Let me know how the bumper looks when done...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.