Rear Door Lock Repair?

ozzymyster

Jun 27, 2010
Hi All

Have a problem with my rear right door. Locks sometimes and not others...Does sound like its on the way out, groaning sound coming from the door..
Can these parts be taken apart and repaired? Looks like something youd never get back together

Have this link but parts look different
Thanks
Brian
lock2.jpg

lock1.jpg

lock.jpg

Jack Smith

Mar 18, 2015
Those parts must be replaced not repaired so hire a locksmith to do that . Also, Before choosing any locksmith service provider it is always best to consult your family members or friends firstly. The first thing you should look for in a 24 hr locksmiths service provider is whether he is licensed or not.

Bouncerbeater

Old enough to know better
Mar 15, 2013
Gloucestershire
Those parts must be replaced not repaired so hire a locksmith to do that . Also, Before choosing any locksmith service provider it is always best to consult your family members or friends firstly. The first thing you should look for in a 24 hr locksmiths service provider is whether he is licensed or not.

Why on earth would you hire a locksmith to do a fairly simple repair with replacement parts?
Not by any chance a " locksmith" are you ? :lol:

747_727

Apr 2, 2012
Essex
They are only £20 on eBay so I'd just replace it. I've replaced both front locks and now both rears are playing up.

sockpuppet

Apr 30, 2007
Locks are a common fault on these cars, try spraying wd40 in the mechanisms of all 4 locks then lock and un lock using the 2 buttons on inside drivers side door about 50 to 100 times and see if that gets them working again. The back door locks are more difficult than the front to replace as you have to drill/punch out the disc that connects the window mechanism to get the window out to get to the lock. You can get the chinese locks for about £30 or the genuine for about £130 a piece.

If the lock jams shut get someone to press the unlock button on the drivers inside door panel while you bash the lock handle repeatedly with your hand and eventually it will unlock.

Timcruise

Mar 17, 2016
USA
Crystallake locksmith Service coverage ensures that they can provide a one stop solution for all your locksmith requirements. With 24 hour availability and an average response time of just 2 hours for their commercial clients,they provide a reliable and professional locksmith service no matter where you are.

65coupe

I'm too old for this!
Sep 8, 2007
Southampton
Crystallake locksmith Service coverage ensures that they can provide a one stop solution for all your locksmith requirements. With 24 hour availability and an average response time of just 2 hours for their commercial clients,they provide a reliable and professional locksmith service no matter where you are.

I doubt you'd manage a 2 hour response time given that you are in the USA and the OP is in the UK :lol::lol:

Besides, he really doesn't need a locksmith - he's clearly mechanically minded enough to get the existing lock mechanism off so he should obviously be able to replace it with a new unit. Like others have said, they're only £20-30 off eBay and work fine!

LOL just seen the original post is nearly 4 years old - he's probably replaced the lock by now

Last edited:

Homer Simpson

May 12, 2014
While the door still opens, change the mechanism. You will kick yourself later if it fails and the door is sealed shut.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.