Rear door seal came away!

Hi :(,

Big problem, I think.... I was driving on the motorway then all of a sudden I can hear wind coming in through one of the doors.

Pulled over, and this has happened...

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1176.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

IMG_1179.jpg

How do I fix this, as the door won't shut properly....

IMG_1177.jpg

Expensive???

Cheers,

Ben

rich225cupra

Jan 5, 2010
Sheffield
:-o . was the door shut propperly. if you remove the seal does the door still shut flush. id say it just looks like a seal replacement.

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
I've just been to check the rear door seals on mine and found about 4 inches had come loose! All I can think of if there has been water in there, which has frozen in the recent chilly weather and pushed the pins out.

In your second picture you can see the small clips in the seal, these appear to be "captive" inside the folds of the seal. In addition to these clips, there should be a larger plastic clip at the top end of the seal, one at the bottom of the door where the seal turns to go horizontal, and then another one about halfway along the bottom.

My seal just clipped back into place, so I assume yours will do exactly the same :)

Check you still have the larger plastic clips in place - from your pictures though I'd say they are still there.

Well, I managed to close the door so that the seal is in place....

I am yet to fix it. It's going in for a service next week, so I'll get my mate who's garage it is to fix it. I might get him to change both the back door seals as they both leak anyway....

Also on the to doo list;

- Fit the aerial signal booster I bought
- Get them to fit a new side light for me, as I can't for the life of me do it... I lack the dexterity...
- New glow plugs if I need them...
- MOT next month
- Tax this month...

Money pit.... and it's not even mods... such a waste... lol