Rear door won't open

timb551

Hi Everyone

I did a search but couldnt find much on this topic.

Basically the passenger rear door on my V5 toledo has decided that it no longer wants to open.

If i pull the outside handle nothing happens at all , if i pull the inside handle the little bit on the top of the door goes up and then if i let the handle go it goes down again.

But the door wont open.

If i unlock and lock it on the central locking nothing happens at all.

Any ideas?

thanks

Tim

Baffled Spoon

Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow
I experienced a similar problem when my car battery failed. I was able to unlock the driver's door with the key in the lock, but couldn't open any doors from the outside or inside as I had no way to deactivate the deadlocks on the other doors. The same thing happened where if I pulled the internal handle, the lock pin went up then down again. Try disconecting the battery for about 15 min and then see if the problem will go away. Some central locking issues I had certainly went away when I tried this.

Echoegy

Dear,
My toledo 93' has the same problem exactly, the rear passenger right door can't be opened, neither from inside or out. I sitll have this problem untill now.
The same issue happened with my driver front door, but the handle was broke, I went to the door mechanician, he told me the piece which you enter the key in is broke from its place, you should hold it to the door firmly, then use the other part, which opens the door, and it worked. This piece may be broke from its place at your rear passenger door.

My rear passenger door still have another problem which i don't know, even its locker is stuck, but I think the doors man can fix it.

Thanks,
Echo-egy.