Rear electric window conversion - advice needed

kzslt1

ex-Alfaholic
Jun 11, 2014
Budapest - Hungary
Today I bought 2 complete rear doors from a Toledo and noticed that they have electric windows, against to my Leon's which doesn't. Now I'm thinking to convert the Leon to have rear electric windows. The Toledo was a 2.3 (not sure about the trim level) and my Leon is a 1.4 Stela.
Can anyone tell me is the main door wiring loom the same (prepared for rear electric windows) in my Leon and how much headache would this conversion cause to me? :)

supersticky

Dec 16, 2010
taunton somerset
Easiest way to find out mate is to take your door card off and see if theres a wiring loom for it to connect to. And theres me thinking all leons had full leccy windows out of curiosity why two rear doors? Good luck pal.

kzslt1

ex-Alfaholic
Jun 11, 2014
Budapest - Hungary
I bought 2 rear doors, because on my Leon the left door has started to rust and the right one is badly scratched. It was 40€/pc in the correct color and complete with all the wiring, windows, el. motors etc. It is much cheaper and more secure solution than repainting :)
I figured that after fitting the new doors, I will try to operate the rear el. windows from the rear door switch and if they work I will leave them, otherwise the manual mechanism will be refitted. It would be an improvement, even if I couldn't operate the rear windows with the front driver side switches :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.