Rear hatch internal panel

Fangio

Apr 20, 2007
Hello
I want to remove the interior plastic panel on the hatch on my MK4 Ibiza. Can anyone please tell me if it is a simple push fit as I cannot see any screws.
I believe the washer pipe has become disconnected and I want to refit it.
Many thanks in advance.

g8rvn

Apr 7, 2008
Tamworth, Staffs
if it has popped off in the bootlid, personally i wouldnt bother refitting it until all this cold weather has gone because all thats going to happen is that it will just come off again whe the lines freeze up, first hand experience, i'm now leaving mine until the spring and just making do with no rear washer.
Everytime i take off that trim i seem to break another clip off and i'm running out of ones to hold the thing on :(

Last edited:

Fangio

Apr 20, 2007
if it has popped off in the bootlid, personally i wouldnt bother refitting it until all this cold weather has gone because all thats going to happen is that it will just come off again whe the lines freeze up, first hand experience, i'm now leaving mine until the spring and just making do with no rear washer.
Everytime i take off that trim i seem to break another clip off and i'm running out of ones to hold the thing on :(

Thank you very much and that is what I planned to do.
Silly me for not putting a sufficient strength of washer fluid in and running it through when the cold weather was forecast.
Thanks for the advice.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Thank you very much and that is what I planned to do.
Silly me for not putting a sufficient strength of washer fluid in and running it through when the cold weather was forecast.
Thanks for the advice.

I think that you can add breaking the inner panel itself to what can go wrong when you try to remove this panel in cold weather. Breaking the retaining clips is really okay as these are easy and cheap to replace, but yes, always make sure that the "anti-freeze" level is adequate for this time of year - living up North means that I always play safe and change the mix-ratio in October and continue at that level of protection until April - better safe than sorry - plus you can retain the convenience and safety of being able to keep the front and rear screens clear at all times.

Fangio

Apr 20, 2007
I think that you can add breaking the inner panel itself to what can go wrong when you try to remove this panel in cold weather. Breaking the retaining clips is really okay as these are easy and cheap to replace, but yes, always make sure that the "anti-freeze" level is adequate for this time of year - living up North means that I always play safe and change the mix-ratio in October and continue at that level of protection until April - better safe than sorry - plus you can retain the convenience and safety of being able to keep the front and rear screens clear at all times.

I was abroad, in the home of the SEAT, when the cold weather arrived. But like yourself I would normally put a decent mixture in the washers.
It is not desperate of course because the front washers work, just a tad annoying. But, most definitely a warmer weather job.
Washers and wipers for that matter do not seem to have kept abreast of the great developements in car technology in recent years.
I like my little Ibiza and if cars have character then this one is a little tyke with scuffed shoes and bloody knees. A bit tiresome for any length of time but great for a kick about.
My partner and myself give it is thumbs up.

Aimez

lol same jubilee clipped it back on first time second time cable tied the other bit now too scared to use it in winter as broken 3 clips!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.