Rear Light Mod

mexicupra

Jul 5, 2005
was Cambridge now Mexico
Mike obd, i think that i have just realised something and please forgive me for being a total twat. the UK spec cars dont have 2 reverse lights do they? the penny has just dropped from reading joebailie´s thread, cos he left me thinking " why does he want that when they already come like that" my cupra is a mexican spec one, therefor i dont have the foglight, instead i have 2 reverse lights!! sorry for being a div

Mike_obd said:
that is possible

u were askin if u can have (R)(C)(C)(C)(C)(R)

Only ones you have have are
(R)(R)(R)(R)(R)(R)
(R)(R)(C)(R)(R)(R)
(R)(R)(C)(C)(R)(R)
(R)(R)(R)(C)(R)(R)

if you look at (R)(R)(C)(C)(R)(R), and put a red bulb in the "foglight" surely this would work????

It worked ok on me import Impreza that had no fog light, til i turned the off side reverse light with a red bulb.
Satisfied the SVA test, then subsequently an MOT

joebailie

Comber Man
Jan 5, 2005
Northern Ireland
Thanks mike. Theres gonna be one on the list for me then.

mexicupra said:
and now that im thinking about it, i will be returning back to the uk in the next few weeks, so if you want me to order some here and bring them back then let me know

Just out of curiosity mexicupra, how much are they where u are? :)

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
mexicupra said:
and from what i understood sam is wanting to this
(C)(C)(R)(R)(C)(C)
but i probably miss read what he wrote

Naaaa we are gonna do (r)(r)(c)(c)(r)(r)............where the clear lenses is a fog light, i am getting a chromed 21watt single filament RED bulb....... that way the clear lense looks clear and when fog is on.....its red!
and i am a she! :bleh: :D

Last edited:

Triple D

how much do the Fr style lamps cost? Id quite like(R/R/C) (C/R/R)
Any help would be appreceated.
cheers spaniel

Triple D

Sam20v said:
Naaaa we are gonna do (r)(r)(c)(c)(r)(r)............where the clear lenses is a fog light, i am getting a chromed 21watt single filament RED bulb....... that way the clear lense looks clear and when fog is on.....its red!
and i am a she! :bleh: :D
When you get this done can you let me know how much the bulb cost and where you get it from.
Thanks Spaniel

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
I pioneered this mod years ago!

Back in the days of my silver TDI, I had the all red rear lights. I sold that cluster to OrangeSprout.

I have another red coloured, no reverse light one here from ym current Ibiza. £20+post and its yours.

pine

Sep 30, 2005
Finland
Just wanting make sure I know what I will be ordering..
I want R-R-C and C-R-R for this car
Is this (Red O/S 6L6945108 (Clear Fog) the part number for left hand side cluster, with red-clear-lenses on a red cluster? Thank you already..

Sam20v

Nov 8, 2003
Dubai UAE
Visit site
spaniels fr said:
When you get this done can you let me know how much the bulb cost and where you get it from.
Thanks Spaniel

no porbs, although this has gone on hold as i went to IKEA last night £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ :doh:
and with crimbo coming up!!! :censored: grrrrrrrr
always something going on!
will let you know deffo!cheers

Triple D

Ive sorted it now but thanks anyway, i asked for the (R)(R)(C) (C)(R)(R) but they sent me so they were all red so just decided to leave it with them all red, but i might still get it so i have two clear ones(one on each side) then sell the two re ones.

T. Spark

You still come on here then :p

Does look good, looks "cleaner" on the back, minus the point where he starts reversing, and im like dude im behind ya why u flashing ya fog light!? haha!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.