1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

Rear passenger door lock

Discussion in 'Altea - includes XL and Freetrack' started by Paul Fenn, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Paul Fenn

Hi all
    One of my rear passenger doors won't unlock from fob. Can hear it clicking. Will only unlock from inside.
    The anti highjack thing is not on.
    Hope someone can help as been told it will fail an MOT.
    Thanks in advance.
    Paul

2. Treusi

I had the same problem. Took the central locking mechanism out of the door, filled it with WD-40 and no probs since

3. Paul Fenn

Thanks for getting back, is it a matter of taking door cards off and just sparging it around or take mech to bits.
    Many thanks
    Paul

4. Treusi

I took the inner card off. I couldn't get the whole surround off. A bit fiddly but the secret is to disconnect the door handle. Took an hour to get it apart and 5 minutes to reassemble. Not difficult but good luck.

5. Paul Fenn

Thanks for that. Got a rough idea on door card as not long done drivers window regulator.
    Do I just spray WD Al over it.
    Many thanks for helping
    Paul

6. Dai_O

Dai_O Active Member

There was a youtube video I once saw, drill a small hole in door lock, big enough for a wd40 straw and blast it with the stuff

Let me see if I can find it

7. Dai_O

Dai_O Active Member

This was the one I saw, lots of positive comments on there too, I have 3 doors that do the same, only my drivers door works, I might give this ago, haven't got much else to do at the mo

8. Paul Fenn

Thanks for that will see if I can get some WD and like you got nowt to do at mo lol. Stay safe

9. Dai_O

Dai_O Active Member

I haven't tried it myself only going on other people comments on the video, hopefully it works out

Good luck mate, report back if it works

Stay safe too

Dave