Rear passenger door lock

Feb 24, 2020
Hi all
One of my rear passenger doors won't unlock from fob. Can hear it clicking. Will only unlock from inside.
The anti highjack thing is not on.
Hope someone can help as been told it will fail an MOT.
Thanks in advance.
Paul

Mar 6, 2020
Hi all
One of my rear passenger doors won't unlock from fob. Can hear it clicking. Will only unlock from inside.
The anti highjack thing is not on.
Hope someone can help as been told it will fail an MOT.
Thanks in advance.
Paul
I had the same problem. Took the central locking mechanism out of the door, filled it with WD-40 and no probs since

Mar 6, 2020
Thanks for getting back, is it a matter of taking door cards off and just sparging it around or take mech to bits.
Many thanks
Paul
I took the inner card off. I couldn't get the whole surround off. A bit fiddly but the secret is to disconnect the door handle. Took an hour to get it apart and 5 minutes to reassemble. Not difficult but good luck.

Feb 24, 2020
Thanks for that. Got a rough idea on door card as not long done drivers window regulator.
Do I just spray WD Al over it.
Many thanks for helping
Paul

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
There was a youtube video I once saw, drill a small hole in door lock, big enough for a wd40 straw and blast it with the stuff

Let me see if I can find it

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff

This was the one I saw, lots of positive comments on there too, I have 3 doors that do the same, only my drivers door works, I might give this ago, haven't got much else to do at the mo

Reactions: caffeinedealer
Feb 24, 2020

This was the one I saw, lots of positive comments on there too, I have 3 doors that do the same, only my drivers door works, I might give this ago, haven't got much else to do at the mo
Thanks for that will see if I can get some WD and like you got nowt to do at mo lol. Stay safe

Dai_O

Jul 30, 2009
Cardiff
I haven't tried it myself only going on other people comments on the video, hopefully it works out

Good luck mate, report back if it works

Stay safe too

Dave

ALTEA4

Jan 12, 2019
Don’t use wd40. You need to lubricate. Silicon spray is your friend. Wd make one with a tube. I’ve done this to all 4 locks. I still have an occasional problem with passenger rear during cold spells but a squirt more of silicon usually sorts it.

Reactions: Dai_O
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.