Rear screen wash

ric04vrs

Aug 1, 2016
2015, Ibiza FR ST, rear screen wash isn’t working, I can hear the pump, and initially when I got the car last Saturday it was working, just, with a lack of pressure,
So is there an obvious area where the pipe comes apart at a joint, like the Mk1 Fabia used to do,
Or am I going to struggle finding the problem

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
I once had screenwash that tend to 'coagulate.' It was summer one by Sonax Nano-Pro, until one side of my front washers stopped working. Went to dealer, and they said they removed some 'gunk' from the base of the washers. I didn't think that happened, until I had a bottle spray that had the same screenwash in it, and it did exactly that as well! I now use Autoglym extreme screenwash, much better..

ric04vrs

Aug 1, 2016
Deffo not gunk in the screen wash reservoir as the fronts work ok, damp smell in car now, so guessing pipe joint has come apart somewhere, hence asking if anybody knew the routing of the pipe from the front to the back

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Well as you know how things were with the Fabia MK1, why not just check the piping through the car, ie exiting the pump, at the join before it passes through the firewall, and in the rear wheel arch area? Unless it is escaping within the rear hatch - in which case I would have expected that there will be signs of fluid leaking out the bottom of the rear hatch.

ric04vrs

Aug 1, 2016
The problem is I don’t know the routing, I.e. along the floor or on the headlining to the back, plus it goes from the N/S/F reservoir to O/S/R where it goes into the tailgate,
There’s nothing dripping out of the tailgate

ric04vrs

Aug 1, 2016
Sorted, there was something in the washer pipe that as I pressed the screen wash it moved to block the jet

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
A few months ago, my mate with an old SAAB 9-5 estate that he had just bought, said that his rear washer was not working and that he would need to clean the jet - I poo pooed that idea and suggested that it would be a disconnected pipe somewhere or a folded/crushed pipe - wrong, a few seconds with a stiff bit of wire and normal service resumed!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.