Rear seat loop handle broken

cuprakitty

May 1, 2007
Wolves, West Midlands
The black plastic loop handle at the front edge of one of my rear seats broke off today - I found it lying in the footwell. It's properly broken off with no chance of reattachment :(

Has anyone had this happen, and is it a replaceable part?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I found one of mine sitting in ther footwell a while ago but not done anything about it yet.

cuprakitty

May 1, 2007
Wolves, West Midlands
when i got my car both were broken off leaving little bits sticking out so just took them off as they is still room for you hands to get under the seat to lift the seats up ;)

Was considering taking off the stumpy bit of the broken one. Did you trim it back or is there a way of detaching the remainder of the strap from the underside of the seat?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I'v not looked at mine, do they actually do anything or are they just handles to pull the seat with ????

ipd56

Barmy Army Nutter
Was considering taking off the stumpy bit of the broken one. Did you trim it back or is there a way of detaching the remainder of the strap from the underside of the seat?

just look under the seat and cut of the plastic clip that goes round the metal frame take 2 mins to do ;) and yes they handles to help pull bottom of seats up thats all " dont need them really"

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
One of mine broke off when I was putting a bag in the rear footwell - I haven't look at how I could fix it yet. Doesn't really make it any harder to pull the seat out though.

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
One of mine broke last week when the leon was turned into a dustbinwagon for a trip to the tip :( ( mrs holdi needs to get another car quick )
I havnt had a proper look but it didnt seem as if it would be easy to replace, looked like the seat covering is stitched around it - may be wrong tho.

Deleted member 20376

one of mine snapped there shitty little things anyway. so brittle.

bruceR

Apr 11, 2005
Monifieth, Dundee
Argh.......one of mine just snapped off in my hand today while I was hoovering the inside :censored:
Am going to trim it back and remove the other one to match.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.