Rear Seats (Sliding Forward?)

Cosmo

Hello,

Last friday I traded in my 02 Octavia on a 06 Toledo 1.6r. So far, I am very pleased with it, but there is just one thing bothering me. Every online review of this car that I have read mentions that the rear seats can slide forward 14cm to increase the boot capacity. I cannot find any mention of this in the owners manual and, having tried to figure it out myself, I cannot see anything in the car to even suggest that the seats do indeed slide forward! Can anyone shed some light on this for me?!! Help would be much appreciated.

:confused:

24 views and not one answer! Is It something I said?

Last edited by a moderator:

Td1man

I believe from my research when I bought mine that it was an option item, may be possible to upgrade to it as it is standard on the Altea, I guess Seat thought the boot was big enough on the Toledo!

TDI_luver

Jul 11, 2006
Ireland
They do slide forward , but only when you fold them forward to make an almost flat floor of the boot...thats why the headrests recess into the seat backs also. Annoyingly they dont slide forward (not on MY '06 anyway) when they are upright.

Jaytee

Jul 26, 2005
Hemel Hempstead, UK
Hello,

Last friday I traded in my 02 Octavia on a 06 Toledo 1.6r. So far, I am very pleased with it, but there is just one thing bothering me. Every online review of this car that I have read mentions that the rear seats can slide forward 14cm to increase the boot capacity. I cannot find any mention of this in the owners manual and, having tried to figure it out myself, I cannot see anything in the car to even suggest that the seats do indeed slide forward! Can anyone shed some light on this for me?!! Help would be much appreciated.

:confused:

24 views and not one answer! Is It something I said?

I the rear sliding seats on my Dec 2005 55 reg Toledo Sport as I ordered them as an option and very useful they are too!
I belive that they are standard on Altea XL, but have never been standard on Toledo.
Unfortunately, other items being std/option or even not available aren't quite so clear cut e.g. my car doesn't have heated mirrors!! (although I expected them to be fitted, supplying detaler said if theyr'e not there, then it's not uk spec, which can be changed at any time!:confused:

John.