Rear Speaker Install on 5 Door 6j

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
I have a 5 door seat ibiza fr 6j 2013 and want to install rear speakers. My car came with the standard head unit (not the garmin one) and only has speakers at the front. I have bought the oem rear speakers for the car and need to install them. Does anybody know if the wiring will already be there for the rear speakers or will I need to put some in? If so does anybody know where to get the wiring?

Thanks

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
Hey not too long of a project,

First off you will have to run wires for the speakers to each rear door, you will have to drill mollex
plugs for cables.

Then. It’s easy you remove door panel, many tutorials for that, and you will need a speaker adapter
4b5be6b7cf33f7c45aa4e0ce9800516e.png

And then new speaker and voila.

They are 6,5 inch speakers :)

I did a full install in mine so if you need help hit me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Damn, kinda hoped it would come with the wiring. I've bought the factory speakers which have the brackets al4eady integrated so I shouldn't need the adapters, I could do with some more information the wiring though. Could you send me a link or the name of the molex connectors I need? Where abouts did you wire them into the headunit? I've got RCA connectors coming out of the back of my head unit for rear right and rear left so could I just connect them to that? The front right and front left RCA connectors don't have anything plugged in so I'm not sure where the front speakers are being wired in.
Thanks for the help.

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
Damn, kinda hoped it would come with the wiring. I've bought the factory speakers which have the brackets al4eady integrated so I shouldn't need the adapters, I could do with some more information the wiring though. Could you send me a link or the name of the molex connectors I need? Where abouts did you wire them into the headunit? I've got RCA connectors coming out of the back of my head unit for rear right and rear left so could I just connect them to that? The front right and front left RCA connectors don't have anything plugged in so I'm not sure where the front speakers are being wired in.
Thanks for the help.

Hey so maby yours has wireing but that is seldom in VW.
The adapters are just the plugs, I have a couple spare if needed.

For the speaker connection you can’t go through the rca because those have a very low output for amplifiers only. Yep u have to use speaker outs unless you have external amp

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Where are the speaker outs? I had a look earlier but can't seem to find where my front speakers are connected to

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
You front speakers are int the main connector behind radio
Color and color brown as in red and red brown and blue and bluebrown. For example all eight wires are together in front both tweeter and woofer wires come out the same pin so there are 4 double wires and normally 4 single wires

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Ah ok I'm starting to understand it. Sorry I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to all this stuff and I'm struggling to find things. I'll have another look shortly

cartmanbdx

Aug 23, 2017
Kk no problem keep us posted

I just removed everything in mine to seek car this week so it’s all fresh

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise