rear strut brace interest?

gazjones

this isnt just for looks it will improve the stiffness of the rear end else i would not have one on my car! it dosent bolt to the suspension as such but the inner wing and this stops the flex in the rear struts

ANdy947

Mar 20, 2003
Visit site
this isnt just for looks it will improve the stiffness of the rear end else i would not have one on my car! it dosent bolt to the suspension as such but the inner wing and this stops the flex in the rear struts

Good, i've got a Bolted in rear brace on my MK2, had to actually drill the strut towers to fit it though, not keen to do that to the Polo :p

i've seen a number of other 'rear braces' recently that people have been bolting to the tops of the dampers - utter p1sh :blink:

gazjones

this is roughly what it will be like
pic1.jpg

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
this is roughly what it will be like
pic1.jpg

count me out gaz this simply doesnt convince me its going to make any diffrence just somehow bolted to both sides of the boot :shrug: would much prefer 1 that bolts to the rear suspension shocks directly.

so the way this rear strut works is the rear shocks bolt to the top of the wheel arches (mounting point outside) and this rear strut bolts to the inside of the boot near the mounting point in the inside of the car.

ANdy947

Mar 20, 2003
Visit site
rear_brace1.jpg

rear_brace2.jpg

That my MK2 one, a proper bolted in job that actually add rigitity.

That dubweiser one in the link is a bit crap as it mounts to the weaker part of the top of the strut owers

I actually think you'd gain very little fron a rear strut brace in the Ibiza/Polo as the forces from the srings dont actup up the strut towers, but onto the floorpan of the car. . . .

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
why didnt you get the strut to join the top mounts of your rear shocks would av thought it would av made it more solid and sturdy and give more stability?

that is more like what i mean on a proper rear strut brace :yes:

Triple D

Well the one that i got which is the same as the one in the picture and it does make things alot more sturdy. Its totally up to you though rash, Id say deffinately buy it mainly because i have one and i think it does make things better.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
could you whack some pics up triple d how is it mounted and where exactly because the m4 iirc has got flat boot edges? not like the pics above of the older beezer

Triple D

Not at the minute im afraid, as my camera is dead :( will do some on monday if i get chance.

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
cheers mate :thumbup: not wanting this for looks but if it looks it could make a diffrence i might consider purchasing it