Rear warning and brake lights fault

stonewales

Nov 28, 2015
Last night got flashed by a car and found that only the number plate light was on at the rear no warning lights but while braking the brake lights where coming on :confused:
all rear bulbs are leds and not year old any one now what fuses to check or what to do next i will check the bulbs but cannot see both going at the same time..
seat ibiza 1.4 tdi...

stonewales

Nov 28, 2015
Not the led bulbs replaced them with standard bulbs and cannot see any fuses that have gone :confused:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Okay, so you have replaced the LED bulbs for normal filament bulbs, but have you fitted the correct version as, as far as I can remember, when my wife ran a 9N Polo (equivalent model to your car), quite a few bulb seller's listings showed the wrong version of bulbs for the rear/brake lights.

stonewales

Nov 28, 2015
Used the bulbs that i replaced with the LED bulbs and checked that they worked before putting them in

stonewales

Nov 28, 2015
Sorted
Water damage to bulbs connection sanded connections and replaced foam seals working again :)

stonewales

Nov 28, 2015
rust on the connect the cable plugs into cleaned of the pins that where damaged and worked fine after and replace the foam seals

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.