Rear washer fluid blocked?????

happylad

old boy racer
Oct 22, 2008
benfleet essex
can anyone help. The rear washer on my 04 ibiza has stopped working. I have checked and the pipe IS attatched and the pump works but no water is getting through. Is there a connection anywhere in the car en-route from the washer bottle?. I have blown down the pipe from the washer attatchment but that did not help. I believe some one last year posted about this and there is a connector behind a side rear panel. If this is righht how can i get at it??? not very mechanically minded!!!
Cheers Ray

frustrated old boy racer!!!!!!!!!:funk:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
can anyone help. The rear washer on my 04 ibiza has stopped working. I have checked and the pipe IS attatched and the pump works but no water is getting through. Is there a connection anywhere in the car en-route from the washer bottle?. I have blown down the pipe from the washer attatchment but that did not help. I believe some one last year posted about this and there is a connector behind a side rear panel. If this is righht how can i get at it??? not very mechanically minded!!!
Cheers Ray

frustrated old boy racer!!!!!!!!!:funk:

SEARCH is your friend - http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249919

PCIronmike

There are a few connections , one onto the actual wiper motor in the tailgate , one underneath the airbox and one under the D/S rear wheel arch I've been told , mine stopped and it was the connection under the airbox ( Work the rear washer jet and look for signs of water at N/S/F underneath the car ) , took the airbox out ( Easy 2 x screws remove filter , remove airflow meter electrical plug , one 10 mm bolt (just to the right behind the battery and then pull the remaining box out of the rubber mounts . Putting the pipe back together is really fiddly though , I used some seriously long handled and long nosed pliers and pushed them back together , oh and I poured some boiling water over the joint first to make it easier , its been fine ever since .
Hope this helps you .
Regards .

Last edited by a moderator:

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
I hope you get it fixed soon. We have all been there :cry:

Once reconnected up your screen wash , i am running about 70% at the moment :rolleyes:

happylad

old boy racer
Oct 22, 2008
benfleet essex
Thanks like i said not very mechanically minded. It is not coming from under the airbox so how do i get at the wheel arch? must admit not looked yet as a busy week. is it easy pull off tabs like the rear of the boot lid????
thanks for the help will post how it goes

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
Thanks like i said not very mechanically minded. It is not coming from under the airbox so how do i get at the wheel arch? must admit not looked yet as a busy week. is it easy pull off tabs like the rear of the boot lid????
thanks for the help will post how it goes

i'm having the same problem trying to identify the problem on my gf's 6L Polo GTi (mk3 equivalent)...no leaks anywhere, connectors all seem fine :shrug:

the boot lid panel does pull off once you've undone EVERY screw (be careful as there are hidden ones)

one under the D/S rear wheel arch I've been told

wouldn't have thought the hose ran to the opposite side of the car as the resevoir is on the n/s

PCIronmike

I'm not sure on the drivers rear wheel arch one , I've just been told there's a join somewhere there , if you take a look at Muddyboots pics on how to remove the boot lid trim you will see that the pipework does indeed come from the Drivers side , the only place it can get into the bootlid is with the wiring via the concertinaing rubber connection pipe access from the R/H side of the roof by the R/H bootlid hinge so it does cross somewhere on the car . Must admit it does seem a strange set up .

stuplumpton

Raging - Hose pipe off under the airbox... then the boot lid.... then the join at the rear seatbelt cover.... took me an hour out in the freezing cold to stick it back.... Is there any way to isolate that switch during the winter?

The join under the airbox is a real tricky one to get a hold of in the 1.9, no room!

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
I know it will be a complete arse to do but in summer I am going to sort this for good.

The local model shop does silicone fuel tube for model cars - it's the same size as the washer pipe but more flexible.

I can buy it in any length i want up to 50 mtr long.

Going to run one single pipe from the washer bottle right through to the rear washer jet.

no more joints comming undone.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
Why not just superglue the existing joints together ?
No need to start running pipe through loads of inaccessible areas then, and should solve the issue.

Oh - and use plenty of screenwash additive so the pipes don't freeze in the first place.

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Why not just superglue the existing joints together ?
No need to start running pipe through loads of inaccessible areas then, and should solve the issue.

Oh - and use plenty of screenwash additive so the pipes don't freeze in the first place.

Superglue is not the best stuff for freezing temps - it goes brittle. But a good adhesive could be another idea.

kanyewest

Oct 4, 2018
NW
mine seems blocked. ive poked a needle in there and ran the back washer for 10 seconds but no leaks under my car. really confused

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise