rear window heater

curryholic

Mar 5, 2009
In zomerzet
Evening peeps,

The cold weather recently has misted up the rear screen so that I've had to use the demister, unfortunately it looks like a previous person has tried to take a sticker off with a chisel and damaged the contacts so I get a clear bit at the top and bottom and mist in middle!!!:confused:

Any ideas what I can do to sort it out? other than new screen:cry:

Ta
dave

I heard you can buy repair kits, but not seen them...

Would like one though, as two of the lines in mine have broken, so I get 2 lines of mist over the middle...

I think the kits are just thin metal strips to connect them back up again.

l3on20vt

i have 3 broken in the middle so i might need that too lol coz i didnt wanna buy a new screen

mikeholroyd

I've used this stuff from Maplins on my previous Renault Megane. It worked great when it was first applied, but the whole lot came off the very first time the window was cleaned inside. Don't bother wasting your time and effort using it, it really is only a temporary solution. AND it looks bloody awful as well, as you can't apply it thin enough for it not to be noticed.

For the sake of not losing your insurance no claims, ask your local windscreen fitter to throw a new window glass in -- it should only cost you the excess on your policy. Most will do this without question as it can be looked at as a safety issue if you can't see in the bad weather

Mike

Last edited by a moderator: