Rear wiper problem

johnloxley1971

Apr 11, 2016
Good evening everyone. I've noticed when I reverse my rear wiper is activated. Has anybody had this problem or is it a feature on my car I don't know about? Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnloxley1971

Apr 11, 2016
Cheers bud .... yeah I didn't realise. I tried it on automatic wiper mode and without automatic wiper mode ... Once in automatic rain sensing mode it turns on when I'm reversing. Very strange but suppose it might come in handy

Last edited:

johnloxley1971

Apr 11, 2016
yeah I know the noise ... sound like my other half during the night after a bottle of wine

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
get it taken off they're a pain in the ass rear wipers haha! if your back windows that dirty you cant see through it then give the damn car a clean :)

Last edited:

johnloxley1971

Apr 11, 2016
Yeah I agree .... just another thing to go wrong and to be honest they look naff

johnloxley1971

Apr 11, 2016
That does look very tidy ... is it much of a job to remove it and did you leave all the parts goin to it ?? Did u blank off that stupid pipe that can leak in to the foot well that goes to the rear wash ??

CRNeo

Feb 5, 2016
Liverpool
Does look cleaner but I do a lot of motorway at the moment and couldn't be without a rear wiper.

You can turn off the feature I think with carista or vcds or similar

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

lewischadwick7

Jul 4, 2016
Barnsley
That does look very tidy ... is it much of a job to remove it and did you leave all the parts goin to it ?? Did u blank off that stupid pipe that can leak in to the foot well that goes to the rear wash ??

very easy to do, pop off the plastic 3 bolts to undo the motor and one external one holding the wiper arm on IIRC

i'll be honest i forgot to bung off the washer fluid pipe but never noticed any water in the boot or dripping from the panel either :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise