Rear wiper removal guide

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Thought I would write another guide, did quite a few for the MK2's when I had my two MK2's so here's my first for the MK3.

I don't like rear wiper's never have done, never will do, I believe in keeping my rear window clean so don't have a need for it.

First thing to do is pull of the cap

Revealing the holding bolt.. 13 socket and off it comes

The arm itself now will be quite stiff to get off, I sprayed WD40 on mine and left for 10 mins and then pulled it off

The next step requires the boot to be open, the plastic lining has to come off, its quite stiff and requires pulling in several locations, best to do this on a warmer day so the plastic wont be so brittle. eventually it will come off

Revealing the motor

3x10 socket bolts hold it on and it simply pulls out then, unplug the electric plug

Now there's a piece of rubber in the hole, pull that out and your left with this

The new bung now simply goes in the hole, bit of the adhesive on it.. put the boot back together and job done.

Bung is a little bit on the expensive side though, roughly £20 from Germany

dty73

Oct 28, 2015
I don't like rear wiper's never have done, never will do, I believe in keeping my rear window clean so don't have a need for it.

You don't believe in being able to see out of the back when it's raining then?

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton

How does that stop the ability to see? Unless you use it as a forklift reversing all the time the difference is marginal.

Like the post says and I agree I never use the rear wiper anyway. Rather a dirty window then dirt running down the back end.

dty73

Oct 28, 2015
How does that stop the ability to see? Unless you use it as a forklift reversing all the time the difference is marginal.

Well, when I'm driving I like to know what's going on all around me, including behind me. So I... you know... look in the mirror and hence out of the back window. And when it's raining, it's hard to see. Now I think about it, I've also noticed the same thing happens to the front. I've spoken to several people about this and they've recommended using the windscreen wipers to clear the front window. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing the same thing would work on the back window too. Maybe.

jmh0804

Jan 12, 2011
Southampton
well your signature says you've got rear camera... Sounds like over kill. Should bin off the wiper and fit one on the camera so you can see at all times

slamka33

Dec 6, 2014
What did you do with the water pipes? Did you closed it somehow?
Or you unplugged rear wiper fuse?
Just asking for accidental pressing the wiper stick.....

I love de-wipered backs, had it on all my previous cars, so I will do the same again, perfect manual, great tips for seller of this bung!

AdamC11

Jan 24, 2015
Bolton
Excellent guide Andrew JB.

Any chance you can show you started to get the interior panel off?

I Have tried myself, but it seems quite tight on the clips. Don't want to break any of them.

Cheers

Last edited:

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello

Back window is kept clean and also a few products applied to it, water simply runs straight off it ;)

no need for ugly lucking lumps of plastic.

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
Excellent guide Andrew JB.

Any chance you can show you started to get the interior panel off?

I Have tried myself, but it seems quite tight on the clips. Don't want to break any of them.

Cheers

Start from the corner by the window and work round from there. Be firm the clips are strong and try to pull/push (depending on where you can get your hands) directly by the clips and not using the trim as a lever.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.