RECALL: Brake Servo Hose

danregs

Leon Cupra 20VT
Oct 26, 2004
Exeter
www.bugproject.co.uk
just rocked down to my local dealer in exeter with my 1.6 sport and said my car was within the chassis range. said i didnt have a letter but they werent bothered. they checked that it was in the chassis range and then took my car into the workshop straight away!

found that my servo hose was cracked, replaced it, 45mins later after turning up i was leaving with a new hose fitted :thumbup:

T7ODD

danregs said:
just rocked down to my local dealer in exeter with my 1.6 sport and said my car was within the chassis range. said i didnt have a letter but they werent bothered. they checked that it was in the chassis range and then took my car into the workshop straight away!

found that my servo hose was cracked, replaced it, 45mins later after turning up i was leaving with a new hose fitted :thumbup:

That was lucky. Maybe I should have gone to Exeter. I've been waiting 3 weeks to get into Teignmouth!

flashbsd

got the recall letter today :) even though i started the thread :p went into dealer today for something else, and they had a bg box of the servo hoses sitting there. so well prepared :)

Greg Kirby

Hose recall

Dear All
Phoned SEAT UK, 0500 222 222
Gave them my VIN
They determined it is effected by the recall.
Dealerships have access to same system, so don't need a letter (often to go to previous owners etc..)

Got mine booked no problems to Leicester Francis SEAT dealership, recall reference 47S3

Turns out that it also hadn't recieved coil pack upgrade, so the cloud has a silver lining, they'll do this at the same time.

Hope this helps Leicester owners!

chan18T

ibiza cupra
Sep 21, 2004
paisley
www.seatowners.co.uk
Greg Kirby said:
Dear All
Phoned SEAT UK, 0500 222 222
Gave them my VIN
They determined it is effected by the recall.
Dealerships have access to same system, so don't need a letter (often to go to previous owners etc..)

Got mine booked no problems to Leicester Francis SEAT dealership, recall reference 47S3

Turns out that it also hadn't recieved coil pack upgrade, so the cloud has a silver lining, they'll do this at the same time.

Hope this helps Leicester owners!
good stuff!! :thumbup: ive jus foned them and theyve asked me to pop down and see them for my VIN. . . so hope il get it done soon!! :cheers: all!!!

Greg Kirby

Got mine back

Car returned from Francis Seat Leicester, new coil packs, new brake servo hose and a full valet....not bad for nowt!
Don't know what they used on the tyre walls but it stands upto weathering better than my stuff...must ask next time! :thumbup:

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
finally got my letter through the post,

next question is; can I actually be bothered to give it the Zoo keeper and let the monkeys loose on it again:think: there again they will know doubt not do it because its a modified car, brakes and all.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.