RECALL: Brake Servo Hose

PEDRO33

just had my beeza cupra in for the replacement hose.....made a massive difference! only took 40 mins :).......then the dealer tells me I need a service (£210!!) and new front pads/disc (£160!!) :(

Shytot

Jul 4, 2005
Cupra booked into Coupers next Tuesday for these "bits" . Needing new brakes anyhow. Took the Leon Type R out and the brembo's are sick!!!!!!!. They stopped people arguing , stopped world wars etc. They were amazing, Mine are BREMBO lookalike :thumbd:

Turbo ZR

Ibiza Newbie
Jul 5, 2005
Cambs, UK
Previous owner of the car contacted me yesterday to tell me about mine being recalled.

Top bloke for telling me else i'd have never known.

Guess i'll ring Seat garage today and book it in.

Slabber

Had letter through post about 2 months ago. Took it in last week to have work done, took about 40 mins :thumbup:

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You'll be OK right up until you're not... which inevitably will be when you need to stop. The dealer will be able to find out if you need to be done or not.

Deleted member 10425

how do you find out if your car has had it done already cause i am not to sure if mine has or not ?

Deleted member 10425

do they just stick it in there when it goes it for a service or something like that then? will have to have a look later !

ollieb

Recall

Ive got a late 2000 modle will this all apply to me:headhurt: , if so ill have to get it booked in.

chrisatactiv05

well, just spoke tom my local dealer, and they said there is a recall on the brake servo's so there havin a look at those next week, but then had a phone call from dover seat, and i asked them about the problem, they said there was a recal on a servo, and it was a hose that come of the inlet pipe, im slightly confussed!? had coil packs going, now these lol. They made my car of cracker toys or sumin, lol

karl.w

methanol junkie
Oct 26, 2005
my brake servo hose was split and i just left it for a few weeks. until one day when i was on the my local private race track and it fell right off.

lucky the private race track was open late at night and there was no other cars about as having no brake servo takes awile to stop.:wtf:

SEAT fixed it aswell as the coils for free.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I replace mine myself this weekend, as SEAT had a 5 week waiting list to do it. So i took the part, fitted it, then took the old one back to get it for free.

10 mine job. 5 week waiting list my arse.

biggaz

Jan 6, 2006
oops, while fitting my boost gauge i noticed a crack, off to the dealers then eh?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members