1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

RECALL: Brake Servo Hose

Discussion in 'Mk3 Ibiza FAQ's (6K2) 2000-2002' started by flashbsd, Feb 15, 2005.

1. PEDRO33

PEDRO33 Guest

just had my beeza cupra in for the replacement hose.....made a massive difference! only took 40 mins :).......then the dealer tells me I need a service (£210!!) and new front pads/disc (£160!!) :(

2. Shytot

Shytot Full Member

Cupra booked into Coupers next Tuesday for these "bits" . Needing new brakes anyhow. Took the Leon Type R out and the brembo's are sick!!!!!!!. They stopped people arguing , stopped world wars etc. They were amazing, Mine are BREMBO lookalike :thumbd:

3. Turbo ZR

Turbo ZR Ibiza Newbie

Previous owner of the car contacted me yesterday to tell me about mine being recalled.

Top bloke for telling me else i'd have never known.

Guess i'll ring Seat garage today and book it in.

4. Slabber

Slabber Guest

Had letter through post about 2 months ago. Took it in last week to have work done, took about 40 mins :thumbup:

5. nogutsnoglory

Had mine done yesterday, didnt know it was the brake servo pipe, they just said it was a vacuum pipe but free all the same:)

6. PhilW

I need to go to get mine looked at, its starting to split now. But i havent had a letter, you think i'll be ok?

7. m0rk

m0rk sarcasm comes free
    Site Owner

You'll be OK right up until you're not... which inevitably will be when you need to stop. The dealer will be able to find out if you need to be done or not.

8. nogutsnoglory

I didnt have a letter, i just booked it in for a normal annual service and they did that bit for free

9. how do you find out if your car has had it done already cause i am not to sure if mine has or not ?

10. andyj

andyj There's no F in Quality..

IIRC, there'll be a sticker under your boot carpet, next to the one with your engine code etc on it.

Mine was placed under the dash, as I had a boot build installed so they couldn't get to it !! ;)

11. do they just stick it in there when it goes it for a service or something like that then? will have to have a look later !

12. andyj

andyj There's no F in Quality..

They only stick the sticker in the car when they';ve done the 'recall'.

I reckon SEAT will keep a database of those car that have/haven't had it done. Worth a phone call to your dealer to check I reckon.

13. ollieb

ollieb Guest

Recall

Ive got a late 2000 modle will this all apply to me:headhurt: , if so ill have to get it booked in.

14. flashbsd

flashbsd Guest

all of them mate, they are all the same pipe

15. The_one

The_one Full Member

Anybody got a picture of the Exact hose that should be changed.

16. well, just spoke tom my local dealer, and they said there is a recall on the brake servo's so there havin a look at those next week, but then had a phone call from dover seat, and i asked them about the problem, they said there was a recal on a servo, and it was a hose that come of the inlet pipe, im slightly confussed!? had coil packs going, now these lol. They made my car of cracker toys or sumin, lol

17. karl.w

karl.w methanol junkie

my brake servo hose was split and i just left it for a few weeks. until one day when i was on the my local private race track and it fell right off.

lucky the private race track was open late at night and there was no other cars about as having no brake servo takes awile to stop.:wtf:

SEAT fixed it aswell as the coils for free.

18. PhilW

I replace mine myself this weekend, as SEAT had a 5 week waiting list to do it. So i took the part, fitted it, then took the old one back to get it for free.

10 mine job. 5 week waiting list my arse.

19. biggaz

biggaz Full Member

oops, while fitting my boost gauge i noticed a crack, off to the dealers then eh?

20. biggaz

biggaz Full Member

Well tuesday afternoon, new pipe being fitted ....glad i seen this.