Recall - Brakes and Airbag

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
Just had my car into the TJ today to get my tyre knocking and squeaky steering column sorted,

While i was there they also did to recalls outstanding on the car.
It's a 1.6cr-tdi sport and the recalls were for the airbag connections and brake servo.
I'd not heard anything about it before,/had anything in the post etc etc, so thought i'd flag it up in case anyone else wasn't aware.
Not sure if it just applies to a few cars or everything, but might be worth giving your local dealers a bell to find out.

Last edited:

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yeah, there are a couple of recall and/or bulletins going on at the moment, not really safety issues just SEAT making sure any issues are sorted, more about quality than safety.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
ill let you off then, the name and bit underneath threw me lol

I work at a SEAT dealer ;)

But your right in all seriousness I have to be very carefull what I type, been in a lot of trouble over that before for another brand.

allym1982

Hi. I have a 1.6 DSG Auto and noticed the brakes aren't nearly as sharp as they were intially. I just put it down to the car starting to "bed in". I didn't notice it until 3500+ miles. Does anyone know if this is a mass recall as I don't seem to be able to find anything on it on the internet.

Regards,

evgeni432

Crazy Russian
Nov 12, 2009
Israel
Had mine today in the shop about the boot handle, they ordered a new one, in "elsa"it said to make sure driver air bag is connected properly.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise