recomended head bulbs

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Dipped are h7

Best HIDs are the terminator H7 kit from HIDs direct as they are proven to not provide any errors in all Leon's.

Last edited:

X cupra

Nov 4, 2012
Oxford
Yep i picked my cupra up today and love it!!.....apart from the headlights (very yellow) so want to upgrade to much brighter (whiter) light so will have a look round....also going slightly off topic,with my headlights on,when i go round corners the corresponding foglight comes on then off again as i straighten up? whats that all about?

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Yep i picked my cupra up today and love it!!.....apart from the headlights (very yellow) so want to upgrade to much brighter (whiter) light so will have a look round....also going slightly off topic,with my headlights on,when i go round corners the corresponding foglight comes on then off again as i straighten up? whats that all about?

That's called the cornering function. It can be turned off using VCDS if you have it, or ask a dealer!

David101

Jun 20, 2012
Dipped are h7

Best HIDs are the terminator H7 kit from HIDs direct as they are proven to not provide any errors in all Leon's.

Cheers for the reply just looked on the website but which terminator kit do I need as there is a few. Also what s the best colour to have eg 6000, 10000 ect

Last edited:

Kaza

Female Petrolhead :)
Jul 5, 2010
Kent
Do you have projector or reflector lights?

If you have reflectors, you're best with H7R as these don't give you a 'blob' of light (which blinds other drivers).

Last edited:

David101

Jun 20, 2012
Do you have projector or reflector lights?

If you have reflectors, you're best with H7R as these don't give you a 'blob' of light (which blinds other drivers).

Ok cheers mate they are reflectors also can you recommend any good kits.

Kaza

Jul 5, 2010
Kent
My ones are canbus HID's from a company off eBay. Had them for about a year now in H7R 6k. About £50 or so! As long as you search for 'canbus' or 'error-free' you'll be fine :)

I have heard good things about HID's Direct though.

JP6

Aug 18, 2012
West Sussex
I recently changed H1 and H7 to MTEC Diamond White and the improvement from the standard bulbs is huge, much whiter too at 4150k.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees

Yeah mate :)

4300K is OEM xenons. 5000k bright white, 6000k white with a very slight hint of blue. I wouldn't go higher than that. Personally I have 6000k. As Kaza said, get H7R bulbs if you want HIDs. Just like to remind you that they are technically illegal. If you stick to a sensible colour temp you should be find though. There's loads of police driven past me and never cared at all!

Kaza

Jul 5, 2010
Kent
Yeah mate :)

4300K is OEM xenons. 5000k bright white, 6000k white with a very slight hint of blue. I wouldn't go higher than that. Personally I have 6000k. As Kaza said, get H7R bulbs if you want HIDs. Just like to remind you that they are technically illegal. If you stick to a sensible colour temp you should be find though. There's loads of police driven past me and never cared at all!

Same here, mine are 6k also and never had an issue with police. Always passed an MOT with them!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.