Recommend a Seat dealer in NW???

irvtheswerv

Dec 15, 2015
I've got all the gubbins about the emissions based upgrade to my 2.0tdi Exeo. I'm considering getting it done, but according to the Seat website there are now only 2 seat dealers in Gtr Manchester - both owned by Lookers. The other is in Preston owned by Arnold Clark.

Based on my previous dealings there are no circumstances under which I would use these dealerships. Can anyone recommend an alternative dealer reachable from Bury/Bolton areas?

Either way it looks like Seat has abandoned its customers in Gtr Manchester area and as a result this will be the last Seat I ever own.

Winder123

Aug 10, 2015
North West
I use rm Fisher in Galgate, never had any issues with them and they have always sorted me out where Preston had let me down.
If that's too far, the one in Blackpool is also recommended from others

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

DeenGood

Oct 19, 2017
I use rm Fisher in Galgate, never had any issues with them and they have always sorted me out where Preston had let me down.
If that's too far, the one in Blackpool is also recommended from others

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

good company, agree

Rowan83

Dec 5, 2017
In my opinion R.M. Fisher of Galgate Lancaster gives first class attention to all customer needs.
Agree, they are miles apart from Johnsons Seat Preston IMO (my other local dealer)

Went to RM Fisher back in October for some warrarty work on my 1 month old Cupra. Even though it was something most people would think was petty they carried out the work with no fuss and to a very high standard.

I will be taking my car there for a service in September.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Perhaps they can't get enough MK4's to register as demonstrators :roflmao:

Jul 18, 2020
Always used Perrys Seat in Blackburn for servicing on my Exeo and would recommend them.
Tony the service Manager is always friendly and helpful.

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
So Seat Manchester is one to avoid then I take it?
I phoned my nearest dealership. Seat Manchester to view a Seat Arona. I tried to phone and web from , got no response. New rules during Coronavirus means I can’t just turn up to dealership without an appointment.

I was prepared to travel over the hills and drove to VW in Doncaster. ( since I’m from Yorkshire ) Just to get the Seat Arona I wanted, they allowed me to view and test drive, so was happy, did the part exchange and bought it.

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
So Seat Manchester is one to avoid then I take it?
I went to Seat Manchester (Lookers) when I wanted to buy and knew exactly what I wanted. Already seen a deal at another Seat dealer (round trip of about 50 miles) but Lookers is only 1.5 miles from home so thought I'd give them a chance. Conversation went along the lines of...So, you're looking for a new FR which costs £**,*** (almost full up money!), this is the value of your part ex £*,*** then he shuts up. Acting stupid I said "so I need to find the difference between the two amounts?". His response "Yep, that's about it". I left and bought from the other dealer.
Lookers strapline = Customers for life...not in my case.

BigO

Mar 5, 2018
Lookers stockport is pretty bad once you get to to wanting to service your car and so on.

I've had an issue with my speakers where the volume isn't loud enough and the guy asks me "What do you mean it's not loud enough?"... I was like "it's not loud enough" He looked at me funny and was like "ahhh okay."

Once my PCP is done im taking it to another dealership for sure :D

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Lookers stockport is pretty bad once you get to to wanting to service your car and so on.

I've had an issue with my speakers where the volume isn't loud enough and the guy asks me "What do you mean it's not loud enough?"... I was like "it's not loud enough" He looked at me funny and was like "ahhh okay."

Once my PCP is done im taking it to another dealership for sure :D
Surely there's nothing to stop you going to any Seat dealer now?

steveemacz FR

Dec 23, 2016
Manchester
I have found that with SEAT dealerships. If the repair is one they can’t fix within a reasonable timeframe. This happened with me many years back. they recommended sending me to a VW dealership . As they can source the parts more easily. With my previous Ibiza FR , I needed a replacement foglight - The price they quoted was out of this world, they weren’t pushy or rude about it, even they said if you can find someone else then go for it. I found a VW independent who was able to source the part brand new and fit within 3 days. For much less. But it’s hard to find a decent independant. ( all of this when I was living in Leeds)

KarlW300

Nov 14, 2022
Hi all

My car has an intermittent kind of hollow clunk when going over certain bumps at speed.
I'm thinking its either the front anti roll bar or the drop links.
Where is the best place to take my car to have it looked at under warranty in the Manchester area?
A Cupra or Seat approved dealer or does it not matter?
My car is a Cupra Ateca

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.