Recommendations for decent seat

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
My standard seat is crap. I keep falling out of it on track days. In comparison the Cobra Monaco seats in the TT are fantastic and hold you in place, but are fixed back, quite hard and not suitable really for daily use IMO.

I want a nice seat for my 8v that is good for everyday driving and also for track days. Any recommendations please?

I did really like the Cobra Daytona until I sat in one at Halfords. It was great but the bolsters by yer bum seemed too spongy and I reckon they would sag after a while. Back support was good though. I also tried what I think was a Corbeau Targa Sport, which I found really uncomfortable.

Also as the seat belt clip is mounted to the standard seat frame, what happens when the new frame for the new seat goes in? I don't want harnesses for daily driving.

This is part of 'phase 1' of turning my 8v into my future track car.

Thanks.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I've driven about 250 miles in a day in my Corbeau Forza fixed back.

sat nice & low & so comfy

holds me in well enough on the track - but not so tight it's not comfy on the road

fits ok with stock belts too

passengers get in the other side.

M

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
sat in a cobra opus full recliner,very snug,don't use the subframes though ,have heard they are weak,unless cobra have sorted this:cheers:

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
We've put a Cobra frame in the TT. Seems ok, although the way it mounts to the car seems a bit crap, but then I can't see how they could do it differently.

I'll go to Halfords/Ripspeed 2moro and sit in some seats. I'll have to wear a disguise though, so I'm not associated with the rude boys!

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
its a good place to try stuff steve,then buy it elswhere was there this week trying on helmets and gloves for me bikethe lovck i look at is 10 dearer then online;)

well found this thread from yonks ago and thought I'd tag on as i'm back looking for a bucket seat for my cupra 8v.

shortlist at the moment is cobra clubman (meant for daily use so more padding etc) cobra monaco s (s is the newer version with a bit more padding(, this seat is taller at the back and gives more support as i'm tall but i dont think will be as comfy on longer journeys, and a corbeau clubman. sat in a corbeau forza yesterday and it felt like sitting on concrete! not sure if its the same as yours m0rk when you say yours is comfy!!

has anyone any experience of these seats? oe belt ok with them and any pre-tenionser and airbag issues I should know about when removing the oe seat?

i know a lot of people say have a frame made cos of the height etc but i dont know any welders that can make anything, so think i'll have to go with a cobra frame or something.

thoughts/help/advice very welcome!

cheers

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.