Recommendations of dealers - POST HERE (new upto date thread)

Slinky

Kings SEAT Portsmouth

First class 20,000 mile service from them. Very helpful and friendly. They even investigated why certain cupra engines need a plug change at 20,000 miles and some at 40,000 miles.

andykb999

IMG Warrington

Not at all happy with these guys, think they are a franchise but not sure,car was in 5 times for the usual water leak driver side after stating 'we do not know of any issues with door seals!!', cant fix brake squeel 'all new cars do it' :confused:
4 weeks to obatin a replacemet for my cd changer then i find out last week they swapped the HU and didnt inform me so when i had my car kit taken out i put in the usual code and locked it up,kicked off big style and they got it to me the new code the same day,after finally fixing the water leak from a bulkhead seal they managed to render my washers useless and there attitude was very poor not even a phone call back to book the car back in from service manager who said' what am i supposed to do on a friday afternoon!!' fix my car you plonker :censored: ,anyway fix it myself got fed up of waiting.
had a chat with a sales guy who tired to calm me down 'i will pass on your concerns to the sales manager and get him to phone you back' guess what he didnt, then i get to know that they have closed the dealer in Runcorn and the mechanics will be moving upto Warrington, so let me get this right Mazda mechanics have been working on my car instead of SEAT ones 'er yes sir' you can imagine my reaction :-o .now it all fits into place
then i got a courtesy call to see if all is ok after the bulkhead seal, poor girl got both barrells!! naughty of me but i apoligized not her fault.
needless to say i will not be using them again book in next week in @ Hobbins of Preston.....god i could go on further but i have had my rant

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
andyb from the first post said:
,,,, so, positive feedback only please, post away. Keep it simple

This thread is just for postive feedback really, do a search and add to other posts if you have negative feedback. If you cant find a dealer in the search, then start a new topic.

I'll clean up this thread soon

KBS

Cran said:
Marshalls Cambridge 20K

Little expensive maybe, but did engine flush and didn't mess up the tyre pressures this time. [B)]

Only took 90 mins while I waited, offered to wash the car but I declined, supplied brake pads for £114.

Coffee and TV while waiting (not that daytime tv is a good thing :blink: )

Overall :thumbup: maybe a little expensive at £200 but not sure what a 20K service should cost.

SNIP

On my last car (Toledo 1.8 20V) took 4 visits to sort out why the fuel gauge failed to register an empty tank ie no warning light or bell onlty worked some times usually with only about 6 miles left in tank :censored: :redface:
in the end all they had to do was do a factory reset on cpu :confused:

Last problem was at 60k service (at independant garage) found marshalls had fitted aircon pump incorrectly causing punp caseing to fracture and bolt to shear off :( :thumbd: so returned car to marshalls as pump only 4 months old(impelar had disintegrated)and was replaced under warenty, took them 4 days to repair,

on servicing usually fine allways did work required and either coutesy cars or collection as required.. :)

John

SimonSmith

Wj King, Sidcup

Just brought a new Ibiza FR from WJ King. To be honest I was getting increasingly frustrated with them. They quoted a 2 week delivery time to get me into the sale as they knew I was also looking at a Fabia VRS which had a 2 day delivery. It took 6 weeks to get to me - as it was a birthday present I needed it by the end of Octover which they were aware of. The date for delivery extended every week - careful with them

The other more aggravating factor was the salesman telling me over the phone one day that all SEAT computers were down and he could not track the car - funny since when I contacted another dealer their computers were up and had been all day. I phoned WJ King back for a bit of incisive questioning and amazingly the computers had just come back on line - crap !!

On the positive the service dept has been fine - a small annoying triple beep which sounds on start up has been identified albeit I'm still waiting for the part to arrive

cuprabod

Mar 24, 2003
Cheshire
Premier Seat, Leek

Premier Seat in Leek have always given me excellent service and they will one of the main reasons if i buy another Seat :thumbup: :clap:

apn

Yep, I'd agree too. My Cupra's had two services there. Very professional, and they give the impression of being a nice bunch of people. They did make a mistake with the bill last time, but every garage I've ever been to has done that, and unlike many others they didn't argue when I questioned it. I'd definitely recommend them.

W4YNE

HERE COMES LUNCH : - P
Jun 7, 2004
Midlands
Any Suggestions for Birmingham ? ? ? ?

Just lately we've had TWO dealers close, so now I'm left with a choice of - All Electric in Halseowen (blinkin miles away) or Colliers in Acocks Green area (blinkin miles away) :( & we know the issues I had with them thrashing my car (sorry I know this is ment for Positive feedback :redface:

Can someone give me some positive feed back on a dealer in the Birmingham/midlands area I live Walsall ish area? :thumbup:

I've just spoken with Seat UK & they tell me that the Wolverhampton branch are stil alive - Any opinions?

Last edited:

Steve H

Barlows in Wolves are good, bought three cars off them in the last two years. Serviced all my cars and the misses Arousa, never had any complaints. Reasonable on the old pricing. There used to a dealer near Birmingham airport the address was The Radleys, Dryhurst Motors I think they were called, dont know if they are still there they were very good a few years back when I was living in Birmingham. Hope this helps

W4YNE

HERE COMES LUNCH : - P
Jun 7, 2004
Midlands
Steve H said:
Barlows in Wolves are good, bought three cars off them in the last two years. Serviced all my cars and the misses Arousa, never had any complaints. Reasonable on the old pricing. There used to a dealer near Birmingham airport the address was The Radleys, Dryhurst Motors I think they were called, dont know if they are still there they were very good a few years back when I was living in Birmingham. Hope this helps

Cheers Steve :thumbup:

I'll have to give Barlows a try then.

Robby

Oct 7, 2002
Spur Wimbledon

Bought 2 Leons off them - a Leon Cupra and a Leon Cupra R. Friendly helpful salesmen and very helpful servicing department. Resolved the coil pack issue on my Cupra quickly by replacing all 4 without fuss and never had any real cause to complain. Am sure Russboy will back me up. :thumbup:

Paul Cupra R

Jul 16, 2004
East Kilbride. Glasgow
W. Livingstone Ltd Uddingston Glasgow

Great Dealer, a family business. This our third car from them and have recommended friends to go there. Sales staff, David Brown especially, are great and are not on commission so no hassle. Service Dept are great Manager is Sandy a top man! No probs with repairs or warranty issues, courtesy cars always available, and no I don't work for them.

Last edited:

RRRRICKY B

Listers Coventry

Just had 1st service (11,000 miles driven) at above dealership. They said that it would be done by 2pm and they called at 1.59pm to say it was finished. They cleaned the car very well inside and out, didnt keep me hanging around and installed a cd changer (FOC after much haggling with Seat UK).

Incidentally they gave me a Leon FR 1.9tdi as a loan car and I was very impressed!

And the best news?... Front tyres are going so Goodyears are on the way!

Don

Total Member
Nov 23, 2003
Hampshire
www.djschrism-don1.com
Coupers, St Albans

Always very good. Slightly dubious selling (youth now long gone told me tints, Recaros etc were standard on the LCR - Grrrr), but after that they have been perfect.

Car in there now for the 18k service. Got a replacement car whilst it is in - NOT A CORSA! A nice Ibiza, with 118 miles on the clock! Shame the CD player ate my cd...

Last time the service came in on estimate, gleaming car, books all stamped, and I was even tempted to purchase some very nifty R baseballs caps.

All in all, stealers to trust!

honeyman

Pirates
Oct 20, 2004
Northampton
Lister Coventry

I've got to recommend these guys as I have had a few problems with the car, but they have always done there best to get it sorted as quick as possible.

P.S I have now got the cupra 150 TDi as a loan car it's great!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Pagnobito

No more LCR
Sep 24, 2002
Almost Maidstone
Visit site
Westerham Seat

I didn't buy my LCR there, but they have carried out all my warranty work, and services up to and including my 60K just before Christmas.

Great bunch of people, very helpful, i've had no problems and get a courtesy car every time.

They also read these forums.

Action

Aberdeen Dealer

Thanksfully we are getting a new one...the last 2 have been attrocious

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise