Recommended exhaust for Mk 3 2016 Leon Cupra

KarmaCupra

Aug 8, 2019
Hello, basically looking for an exhaust for my car over the stock.

I've searched youtube played them through my hi fi speakers to get an idea of the sound.

I don't want pops and bangs or ridiculously loud noise but something with a deeper bass sound if that makes sense.

I quite like the idea of the quad exhaust a la Golf R territory

Any advice or recommendations appreciated.

Damo H

Remind me, what's an indicator?
Staff member
Oct 3, 2012
Car Length In Front
Hello, basically looking for an exhaust for my car over the stock.

I've searched youtube played them through my hi fi speakers to get an idea of the sound.

I don't want pops and bangs or ridiculously loud noise but something with a deeper bass sound if that makes sense.

I quite like the idea of the quad exhaust a la Golf R territory

Any advice or recommendations appreciated.

BCS Powervalve for the win!

Valve closed when pootling so nice sounding but not much louder than stock.

Full beans on boost, valve opens and its loud, but not ASBO loud.

Off throttle valve closes so no pops and bangs off throttle (which was my only gripe). For those that want pops and bangs he can fit a delay so the valves closes slower.

And you can have quad exhausts, although I don't think there is room for the 4 x 100mm x 75mm Golf R style tips. I think 4 x 80mm maybe your limit. (ST has to be 4x76mm)

Not sure if Nigel still gives a discount to anyone who is a member of a car forum.

Last edited:
Reactions: paddy6789

paddy6789

Staff member
Aug 31, 2016
Preston, Lancs
@Damo H would probably advise on a BCS powervalve system - they look and sound amazing.

I went for a full custom system from Pipewerx - it was great for me. It was bassy, but a bit drony.

Progressive Parts (one of our forum sponsors) offer Scorpion and Milltek systems too. I think Remus and Cobra are possible to get hold for through them too :) They all offer nice tone and styles, depending on budget. @PP Mark may be able to help if you needed anything.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members