Recommended SEAT Dealers around the NW (Liverpool/Preston etc)

• Thread starter Deleted member 74601
  • Start date

TomH01

Dec 30, 2011
Liverpool Seat are supposed to be quite good, I've not used them personally, only what I've heard.

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
Liverpool Seat are good. (I've used them for the standard Ibiza/Leon in the past)
Awesome GTI are er Awesome. (Once highly modified, have taken to Awesome)

I'm sure both garages can handle all types but it's simply a perference :)

Deleted member 74601

No worries, where is Awesome GTI?

I'm also looking at getting the wheels aligned as well (I think they're slightly off) any recommendations where?

DAZFR72

Apr 1, 2010
In The Van
Avoid hobin seat Preston, bury or Manchester , the two times I have used them ( bury/Manchester) been a complete fecking nightmare can honestly say I won't buy or use service from them ever again .

Stegor

Jul 17, 2011
I found Preston helpful but it was a while ago. Bury were the opposite - rude and very unhelpful. Suppose it's who you happen to get dealing with you.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Avoid hobin seat Preston, bury or Manchester , the two times I have used them ( bury/Manchester) been a complete fecking nightmare can honestly say I won't buy or use service from them ever again .

I can vouch the same for Hobins Preston. Made an absolute hash of a job doing a paint job for me, charged me 35 quid plus VAT to change the cigarette lighter bulb (5 min job coz I done it again not so long ago) plus charge more than many.

Fishers are pretty good however they did completely **** up my injector change. All other times been ok though.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
What I will say about fishers though is that they've always been honest with me.
If something hasn't needed doing then they say so rather than Hobins who usually try and fleece as much cash out of you as they can. Like when I asked for my window seals to be replaced because they were sticking, guy said hang on, we'll try lubricating them with some silicon spray first. Did it for free and they were as good as new. With Hobins that would have been a very expensive job!

bigbadjay

Jul 16, 2011
North Manchester
I agree they WILL try and rob you in the daylight, but i personally dont do too bad with them.
Got "no VAT" deal, free matallic paint, chrome mirror caps, armrest when i bought mine new! Also just had service with 20% off (privalige card) free courtesy car and they sorted afew little bits out, including activating needle sweep for nowt!!! Youve got to be on the same level as them (almost criminal lol) suss them out

Last edited:

Deleted member 74601

Cheers guys, Liverpool SEAT or Hobins of Preston are probably the closest, so I'll probably go to Liverpool SEAT.

RM Fisher is a little while away from mine being in Lancaster, probably about 1 hour 15 mintues drive.

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Cheers guys, Liverpool SEAT or Hobins of Preston are probably the closest, so I'll probably go to Liverpool SEAT.

RM Fisher is a little while away from mine being in Lancaster, probably about 1 hour 15 mintues drive.

It's in Galgate, not Lancaster centre - 2 mins from J33 on the M6.

Another reason I stopped using Hobins is they suddenly took it upon themselves to claim I couldn't have a courtesy car for normal service work etc - was too young apparently. Funny how they soon changed their tune when a nice insurance claim job came their way...

Deleted member 74601

Yeah.

I've always had that problem, as I've only just turned 21.

Is it normal for places to give courtesy cars when you do your service with them? A lot of places have tried telling me it isn't.

DAZFR72

Apr 1, 2010
In The Van

Avoid hobin they have to be the worst I dealer I have experienced

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Yeah.

I've always had that problem, as I've only just turned 21.

Is it normal for places to give courtesy cars when you do your service with them? A lot of places have tried telling me it isn't.

I've always had one, free of charger too. Never been a problem with Fishers, used to drop my car off the evening before and take the courtesy car and then pick it up the following day.
Some dealers will instead offer to collect your car within a reasonable distance.

If they don't do either then I'd find another garage - if you're paying premium dealers prices then you expect a premium service. You should also expect it to be cleaned before you get it back too.

cupralite

Nov 26, 2004
Warrington
Liverpool Seat are supposed to be quite good, I've not used them personally, only what I've heard.

From personal experience, I'd say the opposite. Wouldn't go within 20 miles of them again. I suppose it's the luck of the draw.

My recent experiences with IMG Warrington have been pretty good.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members