Recommended SEAT Dealers around the NW (Liverpool/Preston etc)

• Thread starter Deleted member 74601
  • Start date

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Liverpool SEAT are alright, although they can have their moments.

IMG SEAT in Warrington sorted a problem 1st time that Liverpool SEAT couldn't fix 3 times.

cupralite

Nov 26, 2004
Warrington
Liverpool SEAT are alright, although they can have their moments.

IMG SEAT in Warrington sorted a problem 1st time that Liverpool SEAT couldn't fix 3 times.

Similar experiences for me.

Liverpool sold me a car that wasn't what they advertised it as. Service department did help me out when it turned out to be broken from the start but they weren't that interested.

IMG SEAT at least seemed interested and sorted it all out for me in the end.

Deleted member 74601

Warrington is an acceptable alternative for me then, I end up there a lot for work. I'll go with them then, sounds like they might be better.

If I can get up near lancaster for work, I'll give RM Fisher a go.

(I do a lot of travelling and cover Carlisle down to North Wales and even Stoke!)

Concho

Jan 6, 2008
Southport
I bought 2 cars from IMG Warrington and wouldn't go near them again. First experience wasn't great but put that down to bad luck and second was worse (this was before Liverpool SEAT was there). Have used Liverpool SEAT for everything ever since and they have been great every time so I recommend them. As someone else said though suppose it's luck of the draw what staff you get.

Deleted member 74601

Well I didn't want to admit to this, but I actually bought the car off Hobin of Bury.

They have sent me a car in the post for 20% of servicing and repairs at Hobin group garages. Is it worth using them for servicing?

DAZFR72

Apr 1, 2010
In The Van
Well I didn't want to admit to this, but I actually bought the car off Hobin of Bury.

They have sent me a car in the post for 20% of servicing and repairs at Hobin group garages. Is it worth using them for servicing?

Bet the postage excess was huge with royal mail !! Wish I got a car in the post !!
As for hobin bad news in my books , spoke to seat customer services today about an on going issue with hobin bury and they advised me that hobin bury is closing in 2 weeks , nearest dealer is either Preston or Manchester for hobin or my next choice will be to try David cook Oldham .

Only gotta use 1 more time for warranty repair then bye bye hobin won't use or recommend them ever again !!

Deleted member 74601

That should read 'card' in the post lol. I live in Southport, so Preston isn't far. If they're pants, I'll pay the extra and go elsewhere.

DAZFR72

Apr 1, 2010
In The Van
Seriously are they closing?

Yep am waiting for warranty work after huge complaint to seat uk about hobin !! Unfortunately for me they still gotta do the claim otherwise it would be done by different dealer , seat customer care said bury going in 2 weeks .

CupraR1

The Future's Orange
Dec 27, 2005
Preston
Was trying not to add to this one but felt I should. Bought a new Ibiza FR (54 Plate) from Hobin Preston and the service from day one was exemplary from walking into the show room and it remained so for a while. I took it back years later for about the 3 service and also had the 2 front tyres replaced. The car has and still is to this day been washed twice a week and polished several (A Lot) times a year. Half way home from the service I stopped and noticed a huge chip in the bonnet with fresh dust/paint around it just above the off side front wheel. I returned to Hobin and complained was basically told by the workshop manager that I should have taken better care of my car and I would have known what damage it was carrying! For a solid 3 weeks before the service it pi**** down and I was unable to wash the car. Yes it was dirty when it went into his workshop but it was not damaged other than the chips I knew about. I ended up paying £120 (I went half’s with them) and had the whole bonnet re sprayed. I am not a liar or a cheat and would not rip anyone off but that day they made me feel both. I then tried to buy my currant car and asked them several times (at one point asking the MD if they wanted to sell Seats) for a price for a Leon Cupra, after 1 month of trying I ordered it from another main dealer and saved £800. They told me no way could they match the price of another main dealer!! Work that one out.

Deleted member 74601

Okay, definitely steering clear.

Maybe them closing is why I got a fair deal on my car.

adamb87

cupra gone :(
Feb 13, 2011
Preston
I have always found hobins in preston spot on. Two cars from them a few services and warranty work has always been bang on. I wo ui ld reccomend them in my experiences......

CupraR1

The Future's Orange
Dec 27, 2005
Preston
I have always found hobins in preston spot on. Two cars from them a few services and warranty work has always been bang on. I wo ui ld reccomend them in my experiences......

Hi Adam. My experience with Hobin was ruined by the workshop manager that told me I should take better care of my car! He is telling me this after one of his people had just damaged my pride and joy. My neighbours think I am loopy with how many times I wash my cars. I then tried buying my currant car & it took me 3 phone calls to actually get a price which was list price, I had no trade in and the cash sat in the bank waiting to go. I eventually found another dealer that gave me £800 discount. The sales man I dealt with when I bought the Ibiza was awesome and I could not speak highly enough of him, the guy I was trying to buy the Leon off would have cost them dearly if he had the same attitude with all of his customers.

thesaint

Last week I took my mk1 Leon Cupra to have them look at leaking through the front doors. To reseal the doors they were asking for over £700. Needless to say I told them to leave it and I'll be going elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Is everyone still happy with Liverpool SEAT?

I'm moving to liverpool for uni in a couple of weeks, and my service is due, so i was going to get it done there due to being able to see the garage from my accommodation lol!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise