Recurring Emission Fault Lamp Illumination

Guinnessfoxy

My emmision fault lamp comes on around 200 miles after being reset by the stealer. I've had an air sensor changed and secondary air pump changed but the same fault appears and the stealer has run out of ideas on how to rectify this fault. Their next idea is to change all the breathers on the engine but I'm now reluctant to try this as I feel they are now clutching at straws. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar fault. The car runs fine at all times. Yours getting more frustrated, Foxy

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Yes its probably the engine coolant sensor. You'll probably have a black type sensor, it needs to be changed for a green type. (It costs about £30 and takes 5-10mins to fit)

Im surprised they cant diagnose the fault as they should be able to read the ECU. read the fault number and then find out whats wrong with it. The fault number corresponds to a fault.

Its 1 of the most common faults on the 1.8T, and i'd put money on it being that especially if you havent really seen an effect on the way it runs.

Guinnessfoxy

Thanks Mitch, got a little update. Popped in to local garage today and they read the fault as P0411, secondary air injection system incorrect air flow. Stealer has already changed secondary air pump but no change. Wondering if anyone has had this problem before. Many thanks, Foxy

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.