Red LED interior lights

• Thread starter Deleted member 62438
  • Start date

Deleted member 62438

My LEDs arrive in the post this morning and i couldn't wait to get them in.

Photo0325.jpg

Photo0330.jpg

Photo0329.jpg

Photo0331.jpg

The pics don't do justice to the effect inside the car. I'm really chuffed with them.

Deleted member 62438

Thanks Mmikey.

The LEDs were ordered from partsulike.co.uk. They do a kit for the interior at £19.99 but the 501s are only available as CANBUS bulbs in white or blue. The red 501s are non-CANBUS but they still work. They also sell other colours too.

Depending on what model Leon you have(if it's a LEON) the interior kit might not be what you want. The kit has 5 FESTOON bulbs and 2 501s. My MY2011 has 4 FESTOONS and 3 501s.

If you sign up and e-mail Dave, he will sell you the kit with your configuration as one of the options above for the same price if it's white or blue.

If you want a colour other than white or blue you will need to order the FESTOONS you need seperately from the coloured 501s.

The only issue with the 501s i have found is that if the rear light switch is not set to the central position, the front centre lights will glow very dimly but not enough to distract you. There are no light warnings on the dashboard either.

If you quote code PROMO:10 you'll get a 10% discount as well.

Fitting was really easy.
If you use a very thin screwdriver and prise down the 2 front edges of the front light it will slide out easily. The rear is easy as well if you prise out the edge closest to the centre first. The 2 sunvisor ones have a small cutout on their edge nearest the door that a screwdriver will fit in to. This will allow you to lever them down quite easily.

If you need any pics i'll gladly oblige.

Mmikey

Feb 20, 2012
That sounds complicated, (the ordering part :D) great price though. I'm getting a new Leon in June mate but will defo think about getting it :).

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Deleted member 62438

It all depends on what colour you want. If it's white or blue your okay but it's still dependent on what bulbs you've got in it.

When the time is right, sign up at partsulike and contact Dave who was very helpful.

If you need any help or pics when the time is right for you to do it, just left me know.

Kadiea

Nice. I done this with White LED's and when one bulb flickered i changed it and now the whole unit doesn't work. Looks nice tho.

Kadiea

Please do post some pics of how to remove the front unit mate.

It is easy. You get a screwdriver (flat head) and gently pry it off. There should be 2 grooves on the clear plastic on the opposite site to the buttons.

swerver

Aug 18, 2003
scotland
Visit site
How do you get the bulb holders out of the sunvisor lights?
I have managed to get the cover off and when trying to get the bulb out, it popped out and is now in the roof lining somewhere :whistle:
Luckily I haven't been able to hear it rolling about!!

Cheers,

Phil.

Apr 13, 2011
hull
Not too keen on red white would look nice through
The red lit inside reminds me of my neon days but I will admit neons where cool back the lol :p

Dec 28, 2011
Cairo, Egypt
Good effort but I don't think red looks very good, at least compared to white or bluish white LEDs in the interior. Red is okay if you're going to have a romantic night with your gf/wife in the car, lmao.

Masterkm

My Leon 'Alyssa'
Jul 11, 2011
Halesowen, West Mids
Good effort but I don't think red looks very good, at least compared to white or bluish white LEDs in the interior. Red is okay if you're going to have a romantic night with your gf/wife in the car, lmao.

Lmao @romantic hahahaha. I got the red in my interior and now sick and tired of them, need the ice white look so can actually see something hahaha

APM

Is there a massive difference in brightness inside between the standard fit and the white LEDS?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise