Red light and Beeping.

CupraCal

May 20, 2008
Stamford
Hi, will probs end up in the scrap yard but anyhoo....

I’ve been starting the car up (Leon FR 05) and where the thermostat is a red light will come up and beep for a few seconds and then the light will flash, wont stop. Just wondering what this would be? Is the thermostat broken? If i turn off and turn the car back on it will go away..

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Cal

RabReith89

Jul 7, 2009
Aberdeen, Scotland
Hi, will probs end up in the scrap yard but anyhoo....

I’ve been starting the car up (Leon FR 05) and where the thermostat is a red light will come up and beep for a few seconds and then the light will flash, wont stop. Just wondering what this would be? Is the thermostat broken? If i turn off and turn the car back on it will go away..

Any ideas would be greatly received.

Cal[/QUOT

Coolent needs toping up mate.

rossphil

hi my oil light keeps flashing and goes off on idle checked the oil and its ok its a 04 leon cupra thanks for the help

on00jh2

My Leon does this too, more when the temperature is cooler. Eg with the current warm weather it hasnt happened for a while.

Iv just checked my coolant, the prongs are fine, and its nowhere near the min line. (probably half a tank)
I cant however see a max line, can i fill the bottle 3/4 full and see if this fixes the problem?
Thanks, Jamie

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members