Red strip light in door

damo74

Feb 16, 2013
Hi,
i've looked in the forum for this but can't find out for sure:

The red strip light that is in the front doors - is this part of the interior LED light pack or is is standard on all cars and it illuminates in sport mode?

Julian1977

Jan 28, 2015
I think it is standard but I am not sure. It illuminates in any mode. It is white in Eco and Normal and red in Sport.

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
Can anyone see theirs in the day time? I only ever notice them at night in mine, even when i get up close I can barely make them out in the day

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
They are lights. I'm guessing they either don't turn on during light hours or you just can't see them because it is too bright. Either way, no I can't see them unless its dark.

zondaff

Mar 8, 2015
Surrey
Can anyone see theirs in the day time? I only ever notice them at night in mine, even when i get up close I can barely make them out in the day

Under the settings is the option to change the intensity from off to 100%; in the day it is less visible and in your face.

jasonh

Apr 2, 2015
Leeds
lol good luck with that. by default they are at 100%. its a subtle light, not crazy bright.

I guessed they'd be at 100% and a quick check has just proved it. Im gutted, would love to be able to see them in the day, even slightly! Its the FR party piece, love it when someone gets in the car at night and i change to Sport mode, the look on their face is brilliant!

JODmeister

May 9, 2013
Very disappointed with mine on the FR.

The option for brightness is on a scale of 0-100%.

Unfortunately I have a sub par option menu as follows.

0-definitely off
1-nearly off
2-vague red glow

I was expecting a nice light sabre effect at night on 100% but noooooooooo.

JOD.

jimiC

Mar 3, 2015
South Derbyshire
if i leave the door strips set to white i find them too bright and distracting at night, red on the other hand is perfect given the same brightness.

Mr Mustard

Jan 24, 2015
South East
Very disappointed with mine on the FR.

The option for brightness is on a scale of 0-100%.

Unfortunately I have a sub par option menu as follows.

0-definitely off
1-nearly off
2-vague red glow

I was expecting a nice light sabre effect at night on 100% but noooooooooo.

JOD.

Same here, barely visible at night time. I didn't even know I had them for the first few weeks. I'd seen a picture of a red door strip on their website and was looking for an optional extra that was a red plastic door strip.

Don't know why some are bright and others not. Could it be faulty?

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.